Thanksgiving Casserole---Thanksgiving Dinner Without the Fuss

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
this is a great recipe for a casserole that has all the good stuff of a Thanksgiving dinner but without all the fuss and work. it is one of my favorites

Thanksgiving turkey Casserole

1 can cream of celery soup
1 can of cream of potato soup
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp pepper
2 cups cooked turkey
4 cups cooked veg--i like green beans - you can add your favorites
4 cups prepared stuffing like stovetop

grease baking pan real good
mix all ingredients together except stuffing
pour in to greased pan
top with stuffing - can drop some bits of butter on the top if you like

bake 400 degrees for 30 min
i dont bother to cover this with foil as i like the stuffing to get a bit crisp--but its up to you

thanksgiving dinner in one pan

this is a great recipe for a casserole that has all the good stuff of a Thanksgiving dinner but without all the fuss and work. it is one of my favorites

1 cup milk
1/4 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp pepper
2 cups cooked turkey

pour in to greased pan

i dont bother to cover this with foil as i like the stuffing to get a bit crisp--but its up to you

♥️💗👍, Awesome!!

Not for thanksgiving but great for leftovers,

Turkey Quiche

In a pie pan, make your crust with leftover dressing
fill with onion slices, separated
turkey chunks and,
shredded cheese

Sour cream and egg mixture,
Bake 350º

Or......
1637728323344.png

1 cup milk
1/4 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp pepper
2 cups cooked turkey

pour in to greased pan

We used to make a dish very similar to this. We put cheddar cheese on top of the turkey and soup mixture and then put the stuffing on the very top. It was really easy and yummy. It's a perfect casserole for leftovers. I got sick after eating it once several years ago, and I have never had it since.

We used to make a dish very similar to this. We put cheddar cheese on top of the turkey and soup mixture and then put the stuffing on the very top. It was really easy and yummy. It's a perfect casserole for leftovers. I got sick after eating it once several years ago, and I have never had it since.
Isn't it interesting how getting sick after eating something can create an aversion to that food? When I ate fruit cake with whipped cream when I was 13, I never ate fruit cake again, and it was a few years before I'd eat whipped cream.

i like that idea--im going to add some cheddar cheese on top this time. thanks. not the getting sick part, lol.

Back