The “Carnivore” Diet: Only Meat-Eaters Need Apply

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you say that?

There are some nasty & very unhealthy chemicals in commercially produced bacon. We lost a beloved Rottweiler years ago at age 7. She got sick and died seemingly out of the blue. When the local veterinary college did an autopsy they called and asked if we ever gave the dog bacon grease. Which we did. They told us that the cause of death was pancreatitis from the chemicals in commercially produced bacon.

Turned out my uncle was also having issues with his pancreas, so we told him the above info and he told his Doctor. He stopped eating commercially produced bacon and using the grease from commercially produced bacon and very quickly got better. This is why we make our own now. No dangerous chemical cocktails or nitrates included.

There are some nasty & very unhealthy chemicals in commercially produced bacon. We lost a beloved Rottweiler years ago at age 7. She got sick and died seemingly out of the blue. When the local veterinary college did an autopsy they called and asked if we ever gave the dog bacon grease. Which we did. They told us that the cause of death was pancreatitis from the chemicals in commercially produced bacon.

Turned out my uncle was also having issues with his pancreas, so we told him the above info and he told his Doctor. He stopped eating commercially produced bacon and using the grease from commercially produced bacon and very quickly got better. This is why we make our own now. No dangerous chemical cocktails or nitrates included.
Ok I see now.

Pork belly should be cheap right? Not here. But I did buy a whole pork belly today to try my hand at making bacon. So, I have 12 lbs curing in the frige.

Last edited:
We make it as we are going to eat it. Well, sort of. 3 days in the fridge, a few hours on the smoker, another day in the fridge, slice and fry. Delicious. You can add celery salt if you want it to last longer.

I love tuna sandwiches. Since I no longer eat grains I thought what the heck, let's use a chaffle(cheese, eggs &heavy cream) and make myself a tuna sandwich. I used the homemade avacado oil mayo from the other day.

What a great idea that turned out to be.

20200529_170853.jpg

Now grab a paper towel and wipe the drool off your chin.

I love tuna samwiches. When I was young my granparents always took me on several picnics up in the mountains every year. Mawma always made me some tuna sandwiches. I may have to try your chaffle receipe.
And yes I need a napkin.

I love tuna samwiches. When I was young my granparents always took me on several picnics up in the mountains every year. Mawma always made me some tuna sandwiches. I may have to try your chaffle receipe.
And yes I need a napkin.
Lol my grandma would put a can of tuna in my stocking every year. I was the only one.

Two eggs
1 cup shredded cheese
Don't measure the heavy cream but maybe 2 tablespoons.

It makes 2 8 inch waffles.

Well all you meat lovers remember one thing,no two thing, first off it's not the' Ranch Of Eden ' 2nd the oldest living person on earth so far was a French woman who lived to be 120 years old. She said her biggest weakness was French pasteies and she loved sugary foods. Of course there were few GMO,hormone filled foods in her lifetime.
I rhink its the genes, exercise and moderation.
But then there is also people who live extra long in parts of the world who live mostly on meat.
They lived in the garden of Eden. I don't remember reading much about them eating their home. Except for the 🍎 and that got them kicked out of the house.....

"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you." Genesis 9:3

"Eat whatever is sold in the meat market, asking no question for the sake of conscience" 1 Corinthians 10:25

“When the Lord your God enlarges your territory, as he has promised you, and you say, ‘I will eat meat,’ because you crave meat, you may eat meat whenever you desire." Deuteronomy 12:20

"One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables." Romans 14:2

I have about 100 more, but I will digress. Meat is Jesus approved. 😇

Just finished making some bacon. Just salt and finished in the oven. Amazing. Going to try beef bacon next if I can get the right cut.

No you don't need curing salt, nor do you need to smoke the bacon. I have another one doing a sugar and salt cure. I really like the salt only cure though.

Just finished making some bacon. Just salt and finished in the oven. Amazing. Going to try beef bacon next if I can get the right cut.

No you don't need curing salt, nor do you need to smoke the bacon. I have another one doing a sugar and salt cure. I really like the salt only cure though.

Homemade bacon makes the store bought stuff taste like garbage. Although I prefer mine smoked. If we want to preserve it for a time we use celery salt, but we never use sugar. I have never tried beef bacon myself, let me know how it turns out.

I like meat, but after a while a slice of bread starts to look and sound REALLY yummy. I did Atkins long ago, carb restricted diet. It worked, but the human body adapts and now I am all fluffy again.
Me too. The difference is: I'm fluffy-er than ever!

Latest posts

Back