The 7 Day Challenge 2022

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimm

Morbidly Inclined
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Gas leak:
Nailed it. a monkey wrench to turn off the tank. why was I leaving again?

Food shortage:
Nailed it, no problemo. I like Ravioli and corned beef.

Buttoned up a month:
Nailed it. I leave the yard maybe twice IF I have to in a month.

Making bread:
Store bread sucks, do biscuits and corn fritters count? I don't bake.

Medical preps:
Nailed it.I got an EMT grade kit baby! all I need is some fresh sutures.

Flat tire:
Well, I'm screwed here, I have a floor jack and a spare tire, neither of which I can lift without a week in bed. I could do it, I'd figure something out even if it meant leaving the spare hid beside the road and bringing back help.

Bed rest:
You're kidding me right? I live in this damn bed! LOL

Gas leak:
Nailed it. a monkey wrench to turn off the tank. why was I leaving again?

Food shortage:
Nailed it, no problemo. I like Ravioli and corned beef.

Buttoned up a month:
Nailed it. I leave the yard maybe twice IF I have to in a month.

Making bread:
Store bread sucks, do biscuits and corn fritters count? I don't bake.

Medical preps:
Nailed it.I got an EMT grade kit baby! all I need is some fresh sutures.

Flat tire:
Well, I'm screwed here, I have a floor jack and a spare tire, neither of which I can lift without a week in bed. I could do it, I'd figure something out even if it meant leaving the spare hid beside the road and bringing back help.

Bed rest:
You're kidding me right? I live in this damn bed! LOL
Those were last year's tasks.

I am beginning to think this isn't going to happen. Maybe somebody missed a critical prep.
For some reason they didn't do the challenge this year but promoted it to hell! I even went to the FB page for it and it was promoted there but no actual challenge. Who knows what happened. A lot of people asked but no response.

I have a 7 day challenge:
Get a common soldier's day pack and put EVERYTHING you need in it to survive a week.

Carry it someplace up the road.
take a break.
Carry it back.
rinse, repeat twice.
Live out of the bag seven days. :)
NO CHEATING!

For some reason they didn't do the challenge this year but promoted it to hell! I even went to the FB page for it and it was promoted there but no actual challenge. Who knows what happened. A lot of people asked but no response.
That doesn't sound good for the sponsor. I don't wish any bad mojo for them.

I have a 7 day challenge:
Get a common soldier's day pack and put EVERYTHING you need in it to survive a week.

Carry it someplace up the road.
take a break.
Carry it back.
rinse, repeat twice.
Live out of the bag seven days. :)
NO CHEATING!
I do this all the time when I go fly-fishing. This is just a nice camping trip.

You'd laugh at how many snowflakes and millennials can't. most of them can't even sharpen a knife or bait a hook.

I learned how to survive with very minimal gear at 6 years old. I'd go a couple miles into the woods with just some rope, knife, and a pot and have fun for a few weeks before heading back home. Dad would come and make sure I was eating and all but would not interfere with my fun of surviving. I usually would come back home with a good stash of food that I had gathered and prepared as well as tools for cooking, hunting, fishing and making fires. When I bought my land, the first thing I did was cover all of it to see just how much it could provide in a survival situation. If the SHTF I'd be fine with just what the land could provide for an indefinite time. With the added infrastructure I'm building, survival would be just a nice relaxed adventure. I'm not a prepper in terms of building and stocking up but my desired lifestyle for retirement in 2 years is basically "off grid" just because I enjoy the simplicity.

Latest posts

Back