The Adventures of Momma's Boy!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
So our youngest child is enamored with his mother. And I mean enamored. Now I have been accused of being a momma's boy too and so I can understand the relationship, but this kid takes it to a level I did not even know existed. Like on Mother's Day when the he wrote her a song called "I love my Momma, she is everything" and on Thanksgiving when he declared the only thing he was thankful for was his Mom because she was the best Mom in the whole world. This is daily stuff with this kid which results in a lot of eye rolling. Then tonight she comes home from running girls to dance class and he comes running out of his room (I had just tucked him in) pleading for snuggle time. My wife says "Aren't you supposed to be in bed?" and he replies "How could I be in bed when my lovely Momma is out here!". She says "Oh, you think your Mom us lovely?". He says "Don't you know that you are the most beautiful mom ever!?". Then of course they snuggled for like 20 minutes before she had to tuck him in and say prayers with him. Apparently when I did it with him I did not do it right. Pretty sure at some point I am going to have kick this kids butt to remind him that she is mine. I will give him a couple more years and them whamo! :)

Consider yourselves lucky. There are worse things in this world than a boy who adores his mom.

No doubt.

He stood at our bedroom doorway at 4am this morning calling for his mother. After waking us both up he said "Is it time for morning snuggle yet?". She said not yet and sent him back to bed. He came back again at 4:30am and did the same thing. :confused:

No doubt.

He stood at our bedroom doorway at 4am this morning calling for his mother. After waking us both up he said "Is it time for morning snuggle yet?". She said not yet and sent him back to bed. He came back again at 4:30am and did the same thing. :confused:

Roo is a Daddy's girl for sure. She doesn't ASK if it is snuggle time she just climbs into our bed and kicks me in the back to get me out of bed so she can have K all to herself. Before the move there was a time when I actually fell out of bed and woke to find Roo hogging my side! I just went and slept in her bed after that.

Thankfully Juju Bee is a mommy's girl.

It's a phase ... he will outgrow it..

Jim:reindeer:

Yeah, that's what people said 3 years ago. How long does a phase last? According to my wife she is still waiting for my 21 year old daughter to come out of the daddy's girl phase.

Back