The agony of de-feet

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
I have been showing you guys stuff I make. but i have not shown you the process i go thru

here is my first attempt at making a pair of Adult Mocs.
I call this. the agony of De-feet

LOL this is the ugliest darn Moc i have ever seen. Kinda makes me wonder what the mocs looked like that regular every day Indians wore.

this is round one. I got knocked out
round 2 I will come back Yelling ''YO ADRIAN" and kicking some serious buttock

20200505_003431.jpg

Well that is light years better than anything I could have done. I'm sure you will refine the process on the next pair.

Remember the quote from Thomas Edison: "I haven't failed. I just found a thousand ways that won't work."

I have been showing you guys stuff I make. but i have not shown you the process i go thru

here is my first attempt at making a pair of Adult Mocs.
I call this. the agony of De-feet

LOL this is the ugliest darn Moc i have ever seen. Kinda makes me wonder what the mocs looked like that regular every day Indians wore.

this is round one. I got knocked out
round 2 I will come back Yelling ''YO ADRIAN" and kicking some serious buttock

View attachment 41446
Two things: @Frodo Where are you? Whatchya workin' on these days?
Thing 2: I've been working on a 'slipper' pattern and just acquired a leather stitching machine so am excited to get rolling - appreciate your projects and input. I like to learn :)

He was filthy - the gear in the back was caked with Vaseline like grease (5 in 1?) and many years of dust and muck. Also anyplace they "oiled" was filthy! This was in addition to a bucket of soapy water.
Sid1.jpg
Sid3.jpg

Frodo, those look like the moccasins I got from an Indian reservation as a kid. I loved those things. Never could find ones like them later on. I used to run around barefoot a lot so I loved the leather soles instead of regular shoe soles. Now I need a bit more support for my feet as I'm out of practice on walking barefoot. My feet don't heal as fast as they used to if I got cuts or scrapes.

I need to start on my leatherworking stuff more once I get my bathroom fixed up. I need to put practical things ahead of hobby stuff.

Latest posts

Back