The best tourist video on Qld Australia :)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sewingcreations15

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
As we live in Qld Australia along with @Tank- Girl I thought we would post this video from youtube prompting a discussion on how to prep for our particularly challenging conditions.

By the way the animals are all found here and they are dangerous and or highly venemous but of course this is a tongue in cheek view of our country.

I am sure you will all get a good laugh out of this but just being careful and aware you will indeed return home.

No wonder us Australians are so tough both the women and men :) .

@Amish Heart you would be safer here as I am further down the coast where we have no crocodiles or the really nasty stingers. We do however have bluebottles on the beaches in choppy weather and harmless jelly fish that don't sting you.

@Tank-Girl is more in the areas top end Australia where there are crocodiles and the really nasty stingers in the waters as it is more tropical and hot there than here.

Lots of nice areas for bug out locations here in Australia though just not near croc infested waters :).

As we live in Qld Australia along with @Tank- Girl I thought we would post this video from youtube prompting a discussion on how to prep for our particularly challenging conditions.

By the way the animals are all found here and they are dangerous and or highly venemous but of course this is a tongue in cheek view of our country.

I am sure you will all get a good laugh out of this but just being careful and aware you will indeed return home.

No wonder us Australians are so tough both the women and men :) .

:LOL:he forgot to mention the great white sharks.

Crocs are good food... and all the poisonous snakes can be eaten too.

The only time I was ever in Australia the only thing we had to worry about was the strong beer and how much the locals liked to drink.
Went to the horse races and saw 1 race.
The rest of the day was spent drinking beer they local guys kept buying for us.
Perth was a good time for all us Navy guys.

The only time I was ever in Australia the only thing we had to worry about was the strong beer and how much the locals liked to drink.
Went to the horse races and saw 1 race.
The rest of the day was spent drinking beer they local guys kept buying for us.
Perth was a good time for all us Navy guys.

Sounds like Ireland too,huh? Lately I like dark beer. Can't find the alcohol content on this Irish bottle but it is good.

@Amish Heart you would be safer here as I am further down the coast where we have no crocodiles or the really nasty stingers. We do however have bluebottles on the beaches in choppy weather and harmless jelly fish that don't sting you.

@Tank-Girl is more in the areas top end Australia where there are crocodiles and the really nasty stingers in the waters as it is more tropical and hot there than here.

Lots of nice areas for bug out locations here in Australia though just not near croc infested waters :).

Bluebottles?

Bluebottles hurt like the beejeebers when they sting but usually rubbing wet sand on the bite or if you are lucky enough to be near vinegar that helps too. Usually you will only get bluebottles washing ashore in stormy weather and at other times never see them @backlash and @Terri9630. All you do is check the shoreline for bluebottles washed up and if they are there you don't go swimming unless you have a full wetsuit on.

Sometimes I take for granted that our sea stingers are everywhere when obviously they are not :).

There is a very good reason to visit Australia, the nugget pictured was recently found by a guy using a new gold detector, it's over 4,000 grains, he also found two other nuggets the size of golf balls, they more than paid for his expensive detector. And yes there are some nasty creatures there that I wouldn't want to deal with.
1.-gold-weight-cleaned.jpg

There is a very good reason to visit Australia, the nugget pictured was recently found by a guy using a new gold detector, it's over 4,000 grains, he also found two other nuggets the size of golf balls, they more than paid for his expensive detector. And yes there are some nasty creatures there that I wouldn't want to deal with.View attachment 10005

I was reading up on Viking's last week. Very interesting. We should have stuck to seafaring and left the dangers of radical science alone. Aka CERN.

Latest posts

Back