The Criminalization Of Preppers In Turkey: Will Your Country Be Next?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate sheep.

My son bought his first house over a year ago. It's just inside the city line in an OK neighborhood (not great, just OK). He bought in the Spring and one of the first things we did was put in several raised beds in the back yard. He was fortunate to get a double lot, so his yard is pretty big. That first season, he grew far more than he was able to preserve and gave a lot away to neighbors, and they were grateful. This past summer, we noticed three or four of his neighbors started their own gardens, and they shared some of what they grew with my son.

Granted, a backyard garden can certainly help a lot with lowering food costs, but it's not a homestead. It's a start and it's more than what most folks are doing. Imagine not spending several thousand dollars on lawn care services to maintain that golf-course-pretty grass, and instead make that yard produce food. That would help enormously!

Back to sheep. No one is stopping anyone from seeing to their own needs. People who would rather have the government use force against others who are NOT a burden on society are idiot sheep, and they can't see what's coming. They will still starve, but rather than blame the government - the entity that screwed everything up in the first place - they would rather blame those who are self-reliant.

Most of those sheeple will not die of hunger. They are more likely to die of lead poisoning trying to steal from those who are self sufficient.

As the article points out and as most of you probably recall, our government has already tipped their hand at how they will confiscate your carefully thought out and legally purchased preps when they think they need them.

My sister and BIL live in Turkey and they'll be home on Christmas day. I'll ask them if this article has any factual basis, and if so how are things really going over there...
Please do, because it's a crap shoot with regard to veracity for every piece of "information" from any source.

Also, how's the Turkish lira doing and how's inflation impacting people?

OK, so I got the scoop from my brother in law tonight. Yes, the inflation is bad. The value of their money (Lira) has been volatile. As of 12/27 it has stabilized in a somewhat better position of about 11 Lira -1 US dollar, rather than the 18-1 rate it had been at. The Turkish government is finally taking some steps to curb the inflation. How well it works is TBD. Turkey was never admitted into the EU due to human rights abuses so they don't have EU resources at their disposal, to help combat their problems.

The Euro is accepted as money though and citizens are moving Lira into Euros in order to preserve the value of their money. Of course those that can have been buying gold as well.

As far as the government moving against hoarders and peppers, he has not seen evidence of it nor has he heard of it. The average Turk doesn't have the discretionary income to procure enough items to hoard. However the government controls all the media including internet, so the average Turk doesn't know anything that Prime Minister Erdogan doesn't want them to know. Opposition media and websites have been shut down and most Turks don't have VPNs so they can't access non Turkish information. Sis and BIL do have a VPN but they still haven't heard anything about the prepping/hoarding issue...

Latest posts

Back