The Death of the Internet

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
Maybe it's more important than ever to keep this forum alive and active. Soon it might be our only source of reliable info.

https://offgridsurvival.com/the-death-of-the-internet-why-sites-like-this-are-being-taken-down/

The Death of the Internet: Why sites like this are being taken down

September 3, 2019

We’ve been suspended from Twitter and Facebook multiple times, we’ve been shadow-banned and had our users mysteriously removed from our pages, we’ve been demonetized, and we’ve even had our trademark stolen by greedy ass liberal lawyers trying to shut down our site.

Over the last five years, we’ve tried to reach out to so-called conservative voices – none of them gave a ****. They loved stealing our content, but you see, most of the so-called conservative voices are nothing more than controlled opposition, and if you’re not part of the club, well you’re not part of the club!

I wrote this article earlier this month, most of what is below is from that article, but a quick update to the story since today we had our posts removed by the overlords at Facebook.

Today, our article on Walmart banning certain calibers of ammo and banning open carry from their stores was removed by Facebook — it was removed because they deemed my opinion that Walmart was a bunch of Anti-gun douchebags was “fake news.” The article itself is 90% quotes from the Walmart conference call.

banned-1-1200x214.jpg

This is the facebook developers debugging tool; if it wasn’t for some of our followers emailing us telling us the post was removed we wouldn’t have known. So I went over to the debugger tool, and sure enough they banned the page!
Earlier this month, we woke up to yet another email from Google, informing us that another article on our site was in violation of their advertising standards. It was “Dangerous or derogatory content,” and they would be restricting ad serving to yet another page on our site.

So what was this “Dangerous or derogatory content?”

We simply pointed out the FACT, that the Dayton shooter was a left-wing wacko who followed Antifa and Elizabeth Warren. Here is a link to the article, do you think it’s “Dangerous or derogatory content” or do you think maybe someone has a problem with the truth?

This is nothing new; we’ve been dealing with this bologna for years (we were once suspended from Facebook and demonetized for reporting on the mohammed drawing Paris Terror attack) what is new is how quickly things are starting to spiral into the *******.

The removal of speech and the attempt to your control thoughts.
techgiants.jpg

Last month, 8Chan – an internet message board — was essentially removed from the internet after its web-services provider, Cloudflare Inc., ended its relationship with the site. A day later, Domain registrar Tucows, which 8chan had been using to secure its internet addresses, pulled 8chan’s domain registry.

Of course, the media celebrated, claiming recent mass shooters had been members of these hate-filled message boards; never mind, the fact that they also had Twitter and Instagram accounts and nobody is kicking either one of those sites off the internet. In fact, during the mass shooting in Thousand Oaks last year, the shooter paused to make an Instagram post. Last time I checked, Instagram is still up!

And what about Facebook? Facebook is where the Christchurch shooter livestreamed the entire horrific shooting, yet nobody is shutting down access to that cesspool.

Yes, much of 8Chan was a cesspool of dipshits, sickos, and morons, but you know what, unlike the so-called conservative *******s who never spoke up for us, we are not afraid to support sites like 8Chan, Gab, Godlikeproductions, and 4Chan. I may not agree with some of its users, but we do support their first amendment right to sound like *******s!

The first amendment was never meant to protect popular speech; it’s meant to protect the **** that they claim is “Dangerous or derogatory content.”

The free and open internet is dead!
This isn’t hyperbole; it’s a fact. No matter how you feel about sites like 4Chan and 8Chan, when you have a few billionaires deciding what can and can’t stay on the internet, Houston, we have a problem.

Conspiracy Alert!

Remember years ago, when you could do a Google search and actually find real information? Well, that was before 16 companies took over the internet.

According to research done by Glen Allsopp, 16 companies control everything you see online! In fact, I can tell you from experience that these bastards offered us $250,000 to sell the site. When I turned them down, our trademark was stolen and a copycat site was launched to take us down.

In his blog post, Glen outlines how these companies use their online authority to crush small sites and take control of the search results. Here is just a small example of what he found.

16-companies.png

So what can you do to fight back?
1984scene.jpg

I wrote an article back in 2015, warning about what I saw coming. For years, this site has been routinely censored and even suspended from a number of social media sites, simply for sharing our opinions.

Here is what I suggested then, and still suggest today.

1. Limit, stop using, or take control of how you use these Social Media Ghettos!

Matt Drudge once described these social networks as “Social Media Ghettos,” warning people that these tech giants are swallowing up content and killing organic growth for alternative media websites.

There is more than a little bit of truth behind what he is saying. These companies have created a system where it’s impossible to go around them, literally swallowing up the Internet into communities they control and regulate.

Out of my 311,000+ followers on Facebook, (when I first started talking about the issue we had over 360,000) I’m lucky if Facebook shows my post to 1% of those people. While there still may be value to sharing these types of articles, almost like going behind enemy lines, the fact is, it’s getting harder for alternative media to reach people who want to see their message.

2. Start your own website or online community.

I’m one guy; if I can do it, so can you. I started this OFFGRID back in 2007, and I have slowly grown it one day at a time. It’s not easy, and we no longer make money on the site (thanks Google), but I do believe it’s still essential.

In the process of doing building the site, I’ve talked to millions of people, written a book that helped expand my reach beyond the internet, and helped a countless number of people become better prepared for the very real threats in today’s society.

So yes, it is worth it!

Even if it’s just a small blog, one that is only read by a handful of people, you have the power to create your own community that isn’t owned by Facebook, Google, Twitter, or any other media conglomerate. You can write about the things that are important to you, and you can share the stories and links that you think are important.

• Don’t just leave comments on Facebook: Comment in the comments section on this and other blogs. Most websites have removed their comments section, we haven’t, and we won’t! This will help move the conversation off social media sites, and back into arenas where we control the content.
  • If you don’t want to start your own page, shoot me an email through my contact page if you want to write for OFFGRID Survival.
3. Download and use an RSS Reader

While not many people still use RSS Readers — Facebook essentially killed them — there isn’t a better way to collect the news you want to see. Instead of relying on Google or Facebook to tell you what’s important, download an RSS reader and subscribe to sites like this and other independent media sources. With an RSS Reader, you choose what you see, when you see it, and how much of it you see.

4. Sign up for our Newsletter: I don’t send them often, but when I do you can be sure that you are getting our articles straight from the source.

Latest posts

Back