The Digital Dollar Will Not Be ‘Anonymous,’ Says Fed Chair Powell

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at the very top it will show in "BLUE" who wrote it, and where it was originally published.
Motivations of ZeroHedge and the author aside (the article devolves into an end of times discussion, and came from an end of times website that, coincidentally, sells an end of times book), I still wonder how the EU is planning on knowing when individual #1 hands individual #2 more than 10,000 Euros in cash. How would they enforce their 10,000 Euro limit? It seems like the very people they claim they are trying to catch - money launderers - would be the experts in how to hide a large money transaction. Money laundering is already illegal, making it super-double-illegal with a new redundant law isn't going to do much.

with a new redundant law isn't going to do much.
I agree, but as the article states (twice) that is the "cover story" for the true objective. Some of the top employees of "The European Union" were arrested last week, for international corruption.

I think the EU, and the US too, are a long way from being able to make cash illegal or otherwise remove it from use. They may convince some people to abandon it and use some form of digital currency, but I don't think they'll be getting rid of it any time soon, if ever. Just because it's someones true objective to get rid of cash doesn't mean it's going to happen. It's been someones true objective to get rid of guns in the US for many decades now, and you can see how well they've done. Every time they ban one in some jurisdiction, the population responds by buying 25 more in the next jurisdiction over. Everyones grandmother owns an AR now.

I think the EU, and the US too, are a long way from being able to make cash illegal or otherwise remove it from use. They may convince some people to abandon it and use some form of digital currency, but I don't think they'll be getting rid of it any time soon, if ever. Just because it's someones true objective to get rid of cash doesn't mean it's going to happen. It's been someones true objective to get rid of guns in the US for many decades now, and you can see how well they've done. Every time they ban one in some jurisdiction, the population responds by buying 25 more in the next jurisdiction over. Everyones grandmother owns an AR now.
Yes. And what about all the people like me that say: "I'll just write you a check"?
All checks have been good here for the last 2 decades. Anybody that writes a bad one knows they are gonna get busted :waiting:.
How are they gonna regulate that?:dunno:

[re: "...How do I pay the kid down the block to mow my lawn ?"]

You don't! You Let that "lawn" go to Wild Lettuce and 'London Rocket' and Plantain, Dandelion & Mullein... Then, sell the Kid yer 'tinctures'.. :p
1671210364744-png.487745
🤔:cool:

(..Not 'pickin on ya', Ben, jus sayin.. :) 👍

jd

Latest posts

Back