the early years

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wasnt so much a group but more about folks like Ron Hood, Mitch Werbell, crazy Kurt Saxon. Their concerns have not changed much to what we are concerned about today. I have to wonder what hapened to the members of that cult. They seemed wound pretty tight. I dont recall but did they talk about jonestown inthat vid too?

Here's a video about the early years of the "survivalist" movement. There are some names many will recognize. A scary religious zealot, some average people. Some folks like Bruce Clayton.
Survivalists - The Covenant, The Sword and The Arm of The Lord (and various others) - YouTube
Thank you for this! I never thought of this, of those who came before us. These are probably some people that the government saw as radicals and people that were or are under surveillance. I have yet to watch the videos that you and elkhound have shared, but I will.

Thank you for this! I never thought of this, of those who came before us. These are probably some people that the government saw as radicals and people that were or are under surveillance. I have yet to watch the videos that you and elkhound have shared, but I will.
I've watched the first video. I'm even more sure the people in Arkansas were viewed as radicals.
Are there people still living like this? I wonder how many of these people are still around?
I understand that some people felt called by God to live this lifestyle. People felt that who followed other people. I have always thought the scary part for me is that you never knew how sane or crazy those in charge might be.

Latest posts

Back