The Family Circus

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I use to like reading that little funny in the Atlanta Journal Constitution news paper. It was in the Funny's Section .
Well today it would make even more sense since we have our own ' Family Circus '.

I always ask daughter in our daily talks " whats going on in the family circus today". She gets a laugh out of everytime. Always some kind of ' act ' going on. Some walk the tight rope some play with the big cats and some just clown around.
She just has grand kid number 4 come into the world. And her caboose the 13 yr old had tears in his eyes when they dropped him off at Christian Camp because no Iphones or techtronics allowed, so the kid will be having some bad withdrawals for sure.
Other daughter who never call's will turn 50 last of August so she wants a big shindig at Panama City Beach. I checked out camp sites:camping: but not sure I want to go ,don't like Panama City that much anymore. Last time we camped out there some foolish kids were grilling hot dogs on a car tire! :ghostly:We couldn't breath so we packed up the 5 grandkids and left at 2 am. One woke up next morning as we were arriving in Atlanta and said " where the beach".:D That was 20 years ago.

There were a lot of tears at the Christian Camp our twin grands are at this week. But they don't have electronics, so I think granddaughter is at least happy that friends will be talking to each other. It's good for them! Granddaughter and grandson have had friends over to hang out this summer and it's amazing how the guests can't put their phones down and visit.

There were a lot of tears at the Christian Camp our twin grands are at this week. But they don't have electronics, so I think granddaughter is at least happy that friends will be talking to each other. It's good for them! Granddaughter and grandson have had friends over to hang out this summer and it's amazing how the guests can't put their phones down and visit.

Mine got dropped off Sunday at one in the Georgia Mountain somewhere. Hope he has fun and enjoys it once the shock wears off.

Electronics, ok thanks for correction. And such a nice way too.:heart::thumbs:

Aww, Meerkat. I knew what you meant anyway. I must of read it electronics, because I had to go back and read your post. Ha!
I did too. A couple of years ago my oldest had a friend over. They both sat in the living room on their games. I asked why they were ignoring each other and they looked confused. They were sitting 6 feet apart TEXTING each other. :confused: I didn't even know a Nintendo DS could DO that!!!!

Aww, Meerkat. I knew what you meant anyway. I must of read it electronics, because I had to go back and read your post. Ha!

I did too. A couple of years ago my oldest had a friend over. They both sat in the living room on their phones. I asked why they were ignoring each other and they looked confused. They were sitting 6 feet apart TEXTING each other. :confused: I didn't even know a Nintendo DS could DO that!!!!

You want to know something about it just ask a 5 year old who has one. My 5 year old great grand was here and i was wondering why YT kept going off. Everytime it went off she laughed. Somehow she was doing it with some electronic contraption she had in her lap.

Daughter went to camp w/o device, it wasn't allowed. She called us a few times, which was good, had fun sometimes. There was a lot of drama, as usual.

I'm sure there is at those camps. Imagine all those kids without a on line or game source.
Thank goodness my grandson at one now plays baseball and is really good plus he is always outside too. So his texting is limited but he did want his phone.

She could say the whole Lords Prayer when she was only 3 YO. The kid is very smart and amazingly talented. All As in school too. I taught them all dance and singing lessons and out of the 6 in Georgi she was one of the best if not the the best at everything, including softball.
I talk to the 31 YO grand daughter she wrote this email to often but not so much all the others anymore. Texting is not what I do and so few corrospondence with them. Plus they are busy with jobs and their won kids.

Last edited:
I bet that tugged at your heart and made your day, Meerkat.
Sweet looking boys

Yes it does. And thank you on the boys. Just because they ruin their lives and their poor childrens lives doesn't mean you forget the child you loved. I feel sorry for the boys and my daughter about to be 50 in a few weeks and her 60 yr old husband who has had to raise them.
But we have 9 more who are doign great so we are blessed too.

We have a 28 Y.O. granddaughter we call Paris because she is so into herself [ thank goodness,it means she wants good things in life :cool:] and her mother told her to watch her sisters 4 kids while she worked on a Saturday.:eek: What a joke that was. Paris doesn't do diapers and kids. She does gyms, shopping and home decor' just bought a new house'. :) She is a really good kid no drinking,smoking and works hard. engaged to be married next spring.
I can't imagine her changing a messy diaper on that newborn. I'm sure she would it would just be funny to see.:D

Latest posts

Back