The home of my dreams

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim,
I have drove by that cabin 100's of time. Know exactly where it is. Wife and I had thoughts of getting married there back in the day. Drove by one halloween and it was lit enternally with candles.

BTW the way, it is located in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. named the Dan Lawson Cabin. Has a nice little creek out back and almost always see a deer or two around there. Picture was taken from the little parking lot.

Awesome,
I've been all over Smoky Mountain National park .
Probably have driven by it at one time .

Jim

FB_IMG_1570754117299.jpg

Jim

I've built a lot of folks dream homes for them. Over the years I've figured out I'm way more simple than most folks. I don't want for or need what 90% of the people I build for dream about. I live in my dream home it's nothing special other than the people I live here with. I'm by myself in the woods where I belong. The things I dream about are improvements to the old shack.

home snow.jpg

Another thing people are doing around here are buying and assembling "steel building" homes. They usually buy old farms or acreages and out them up instead of a stick built house.

View attachment 25860

View attachment 25861
My cousins have a steel building out on about 1000 acres on the prairie of South Dakota. It is their hunting lodge. No one lives there, but someone visits it almost every day and putters around.

This is the roof - didn't attach on the last post for some reason.
Anyhoo, give me a chance to post this one. There's another I like too but sleep is calling me. I'll have to see if I can find it tomorrow.
image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back