The kind of men that carry a pocket knife.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hubby has always carried a knife and it comes in handy in many ways.
Meerkat, do you carry a purse or a backpack? For many years, I used a backpack, but I carry a purse. Actually, I have two purses. One is small, just for ID and cards, keys and phone. The other really should be a backpack instead because I almost always carry a knife, along with many other useful items, almost a BOB, because I am on the go so much, I need and really want a number of useful things.

Meerkat, do you carry a purse or a backpack? For many years, I used a backpack, but I carry a purse. Actually, I have two purses. One is small, just for ID and cards, keys and phone. The other really should be a backpack instead because I almost always carry a knife, along with many other useful items, almost a BOB, because I am on the go so much, I need and really want a number of useful things.

No but hubby says me purse is too heavy. I do have a small flash light in it. Usually my thermos and lotion,mouthwash,some Ice Gum, a little makeup,comb,brush ,hand sanitizer and a couple other things.
I could knock somebody out with that while hubby stabbed em I guess.:DActually hubby has CC permit and is never without his gun so no need for knife.

No but hubby says me purse is too heavy. I do have a small flash light in it. Usually my thermos and lotion,mouthwash,some Ice Gum, a little makeup,comb,brush ,hand sanitizer and a couple other things.
I could knock somebody out with that while hubby stabbed em I guess.:DActually hubby has CC permit and is never without his gun so no need for knife.
I think I could knock someone out with my purse as well. But the big purse is not how I have lived my life before. I usually keep a small purse and a backpack or day bag of some sort.

Actually hubby has CC permit and is never without his gun so no need for knife.
I carry both(usually with pepper spray also. Gun tied up , I can use the knife. It's dire straights, but I do what I need to do.

Besides, I can't slice an apple with a gun :)

EDC#1 - Kershaw Blur tanto
EDC#2 - Camillus Hustle

I switch out between them. The Camillus is more practical, actually almost perfect as a daily use knife. The Kershaw is a little tougher and I really like the Sandvik steel blade. I just wish I wouldn't have gotten the tanto version...

I rarely use a belt knife, but I have a Mora for when I'm fishing, camping, etc. It's also my go-to utility knife at home...

lots of knife crime in London, over 70 deaths caused by stabbings so far this year, mostly gang related.
out here where I live, a knife is a tool and nothing more.

lots of knife crime in London, over 70 deaths caused by stabbings so far this year, mostly gang related.
out here where I live, a knife is a tool and nothing more.
Whenever I hear of crimes involving knives, I think of Middle Easterners. I suppose that since guns are not allowed, the other thugs use knives to carry out their crimes.

Violence does not depend on any one weapon. The key word in gun violence is violence not gun.
Last week in Japan they had a mass murder that employed a firebomb. Contrary to popular belief the UK has gun crime in spite of all the government controls.
Violent people will always have a tool to use. In the USA more people are murdered with hands, feet or clubs than are murdered with the big, bad, semi-auto rifles.
Let me rephrase that; More people are murdered with bare hands than are murdered with "assault" rifles, more people are murdered with feet than are murdered with "assault" rifles and more people are murdered with clubs than with "assault" rifles. Actually the same can be said about rifles in general, of which "assault" rifles are a small percentage.
The problem is not guns - it is violence.

I am not a man, but I carry a pocket knife.
The day the Columbine shooting occurred, there was a "mass knifing" in CO. I think the guy killed 12???? before himself. It's been long time so I might have the number wrong, but several and nothing reported on it.

My EDC Kershaw and it’s big brother...
6A39CFEB-B741-4E56-9118-61F26B19C186.jpg

I always carry a knife, but I will admit I will only carry cheap knives. When I was a rookie LEO I went out and bought myself a $125+ Spyderco knife because that's what all the cool guys were carrying. Lost it my first week during a foot pursuit and subsequent kerfuffle. Soon I discovered that I could buy several good-enough knives for the price of that Spyderco and everyone of them cut the things I needed cut. Now I have a drawer full of freebies knives from Galls, 5.11, LAPG, and S&W so I don't see my ever needing to buy another one.

I’ve carried a pocket knife since 1966. It’s a tool for me because I use it daily for work and personal use. Unfortunately I’ve had to unwillingly donate a few because I had it on me in a place that didn’t allow them and was told I could take it back to the truck or dump it in the donate bucket. Ugh I was not walking a mile back to the truck to put it up and then standing in line again for another hour. I’ve not been back. It was something that my wife wanted to do so it went to the donate bucket.

I don’t carry a lot of high dollar knives for the above reason for daily use.

Back