The leader of the flock, and his right wing lady wish you all a Happy St Patrick's Day

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INresponse

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Happy St Patrick's Day
Gus.GusTheGoose@instagram is his social media page for the life and times of Gus The Goose. And one of his ducks.
The girls thought the birds needed a little Irish cheer.
The chickens and the turkeys are not as sociable. Actually Gus wasn't very enthusiastic but he played along in the spirit of the holiday.

Attachments

• Gus St Patricks Day.jpg
    Gus St Patricks Day.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Duck O'Duck St Patricks Day.jpg
    Duck O'Duck St Patricks Day.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 6
I miss our ducks,Sassy aand Aflack,Sassy never shut up and Aflack followed us everywhere.

Cute duck celebrating Pattys Day, I know I replied to this but must have done so when the Orange line thing was going on.

@INresponse I don’t do Instagram. What’s the latest on Gus and O’Duck?
Good question. I don't do Instagram either. The girls and the GF manage that stuff. Oh, well, almost forgot but it is kind of a minor thing, almost not worth mentioning........ LOL ..... but shortly after the St Patrick's Day post we started finding rather large eggs in the run with the flock. After some size comparisons, and a lot of effort on my part to convince the GF, we discovered the male goose we ordered was actually a female. They ordered a male, the company claimed they sent us a male, the girls believed they had a male, but Gus proved to us SHE is a girl. And, she must have been rather ticked off at our confusion because she was rather temperamental for a couple months this spring. Fortunately she settled down once her nesting instincts subsided.
Aside from that, not much going on.
dancing chicken

And so now Gus is...Giselle? Guzzabelle? What is the advantage to having a male goose instead of a female goose? @INresponse
Don't be so sexist. Goose, gander they get to choose their own pronoun and gender designation.😁

And so now Gus is...Giselle? Guzzabelle? What is the advantage to having a male goose instead of a female goose? @INresponse
Gus was short for Guiseppi, which is the male version of my grandmothers name, Guiseppa. Italian for Joseph and Josephine. Because it was our error, nothing to do with the goose because she has always known who she is, we were good with retaining the name Gus, which is now short for Guiseppa.
Good thing Gus The Goose sounded better than George The Goose or Gary The Goose.

From what the girls told me a male goose, if raised as a pet and given plenty of attention, will make a better companion around the homestead and will be more aggressive to outsiders and predators. A male goose is a good defender of the flock and can slap the heck out of you, or whatever, with the wings. The bite if pretty painful too. Our intentions of the mail goose was to protect the flock of chickens, ducks and turkeys. The female goose will stand up against intruders, but not to the extent of the male. But, you have to raise the male with love and attention, and they will soon learn who is family and who is an outsider, and if you just let them raise themselves they will not be a pet and wont come to you for attention. Gus will let you hold her and she will set her head on your shoulder while you pet her, and she will sit on you lap and take a nap, just be sure to aim the "shooter" away from you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back