The Mystery Of The 9,000 Year Old Hunting Tools Frozen In The Yukon

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was great! Really sheds light on how people lived thousands of years ago in that environment! It makes me feel these people were smart and resilient. Wonder what will be thought when remains of our culture are found??????

its pretty interesting that the items they are finding go back from not long ago to as far back as it does.the man was 200-300 years ago and they found 17 or so relatives of his today. his hat was a work of art.

what they will think of us in future...no much i am afraid !

This is great, but it also tell a story that at one time they were not all buried in ice even a few thousand years ago, so we may be experiencing global re-warming. I guess it tells us that the earth and it's weather is always changing and we need to learn to adapt the way the ancient people did.....

This is great, but it also tell a story that at one time they were not all buried in ice even a few thousand years ago, so we may be experiencing global re-warming. I guess it tells us that the earth and it's weather is always changing and we need to learn to adapt the way the ancient people did.....
Brilliant, very true!!

yes..i agree..its shows snow levels changed all the time. its interesting that oral traditions matched found evidence. also of interest is caribou disappeared from there around 1896.

also along those thoughts i wonder if when snow was no as deep or covered as much area the population of caribou was higher from grasses and lichen growing more abundant.

This is kind of interesting, a video about northern Canada, not available in Canada,
There has been lots of evidence found over the years that the north was more temperate in the past

Latest posts

Back