The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an old one. The title reminds me of mama, she carried her S&W 38 Pearl handle with her at all times. The Stone Mountain ,Ga. locals called her the pistil packing blonde from ----- road. It was stylish for woman to pack back then,Calamity Jane, Annie Oakley,Dale Rogers,etc,etc,etc..

I like the part about Cleo.
:LOL:

LOL, lyrics do make the song there are some instrumentals I like but not alot. I have one CD of instrumentals Johann Strauss because of childhood memories and I liked hearing mama play them.
Plus a couple other from Herb Albert Tijuana Brass like Lonely Bull.
I don't like bull fighting at all! Bull always loses,not a fair fight between him and the man in tights.

And this one,

Everybody got wound up last night on the what's everybody doing today thread. This song came to mind. I danced, this one was fun, live band. Yeah, I was a mess back in the day. I'm sure some think I'm still a mess. Guess what? I dont care.

@Patchouli dancing to Billy Squier? That would be some great blackmail video to have...:D

You weren't dancing to this one back in the day, were you, Patch? ;):cool:

(@Spikedriver )Nice, Mr Dimples. There be no need to blackmail me, everybody has their opinion, I'm not running for office and people didn't take pix back then as much as now.
I actually do not like the stroke and took a break on that.
I never heard of Joe Bonomassa until last year courtesy of my dearly beloved. Beth can belt it out, ey? I didn't know you were in this thread much.

Oh, I stop in here now and again. I was a bit of a musician and singer in my youth...never good enough to amount to anything, but still passionate about music...

Me too Spike. Hubby is a talented musician and singer but he seldom picks up guitar anymore much less sings. He did play and sing some at daughters house Thanksgiving though in Atlanta . 2 of his brothers came over and played as did son in law, grandaughters boyfriend. It was good seeing them all playing together again.

I'm suddenly on a Beth Hart trip...this is probably the most intense live performance I've ever seen of any song ever. Period.

WARNING: Some may be offended by language and sensuality expressed in this performance. Also Beth appears to have been stoned out of her mind. Watch at your own discretion...

I'm suddenly on a Beth Hart trip...this is probably the most intense live performance I've ever seen of any song ever. Period.

WARNING: Some may be offended by language and sensuality expressed in this performance. Also Beth appears to have been stoned out of her mind. Watch at your own discretion...

To each his own long as it is an event people choose to attend, unlike captive audiences on tv or in the streets doing even worse.

Here is the original female ' performer ' she reminds me of. I had her on 8 tract and album. They tell me I also performed a pretty good Bobby Mcgee back in the day.

Imagine Beth and this guy together on stage,

https://youtu.be/HM1MftCtIlg

Last edited:
Janis was awesome. Tood bad she did like Hendrix and bascially killed herself. Many others too.

That is true and a shame.Below is another one that killed himself with drugs. I saw lots of people who ODed in the medical tents at concerts, I never did drugs didn't like pot even,I'd drink wine mostly. Remember Boones Farm Strawberry Hill?:)

Between Herion, Liquor, and sleeping pills. many have left us. Bon Scott, John Bonham, Paul Koshoff, The numbers are amazing.
Life on the road is what does it IMO. I'm no rock star but I do spend over half my life in hotels and I understand why they do what they do. It can be a lonely life and the human mind isn't made to see different faces and places every day and sleep in a different bed every night.
Plus it seems the creative and expressive types are more prone to substance abuse anyway.

Between Herion, Liquor, and sleeping pills. many have left us. Bon Scott, John Bonham, Paul Koshoff, The numbers are amazing.

Not to speak of those living with the after effects of drugs. Time and chance happens to us all I guess,some survived it and some didn't.
I read two books about the music industry. ' Three Dog Nightmare ,Chuck Negron. Also one by Tommy James " Me,The Mob and the Music ".

Chuck Negron, stoned out of his mind in this one. Still a great voice but what a life this one lived to tell about.

Tommy James and the Shondells.

Life on the road is what does it IMO. I'm no rock star but I do spend over half my life in hotels and I understand why they do what they do. It can be a lonely life and the human mind isn't made to see different faces and places every day and sleep in a different bed every night.
Plus it seems the creative and expressive types are more prone to substance abuse anyway.

Yep too smart for their own britches.

Addictions are no one's fault, but it is possible to get out of it.
I read about Janis Joplin when I was in 8th grade. Great role model, NOT. Thank you, scholastic book publishing for making that possible through my library or book club for my age group. Idiots. Anyway, what a....

Addictions are no one's fault, but it is possible to get out of it.
I read about Janis Joplin when I was in 8th grade. Great role model, NOT. Thank you, scholastic book publishing for making that possible through my library or book club for my age group. Idiots. Anyway, what a....

Patch if we are looking for a roll model in the entertainment or sports industry we would never be able to ever watch or listen to any of them again.
At least most of these people audiences are not captive like some of the stuff they put out now on TV or the web.
We don't watch many movies now a days because of violence and agendas.
These women were ok but neither of them were exactly virgins of the Nile and it is a nice song. And most rap is nasty but there are a couple I like.

Beginning of the end of the family values. Of course The Roaring Twenties wasn't exactly prudish times either,looks like it is seasonal kinda thing.

Latest posts

Back