The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
War Song...Vietnam
Alice in Chains
Rooster

This was written for Jerry Cantrell's dad. This is what he had to say about it: "Yeah. He's heard this song. He's only seen us play once, and I played this song for him when we were in this club opening for Iggy Pop. I'll never forget it. He was standing in the back and he heard all the words and stuff. Of course, I was never in Vietnam and he won't talk about it, but when I wrote this it felt right...like these were things he might have felt or thought. And I remember when we played it he was back by the soundboard and I could see him. He was back there with his big gray Stetson and his cowboy boots — he's a total Oklahoma man — and at the end, he took his hat off and just held it in the air. And he was crying the whole time. This song means a lot to me. A lot."

Last edited:
If you like the blues then there is always
The Red House

* NOTE This is a Jimi Hendrix song but I like this version.

Last edited:
Who wants to get their head cut?
Steve Vai guitar battle from the movie "Crossroads"

I had a friend who was a sound man for an event center. Grand Funk Railroad was to play so he set the sound and as usual the band sound man would come behind him and adjust the sound board for their particular band. When the GFR sound man came over to the sound board he pushed all the volume slides and all the attenuation slides all the way up and said. "The Grand Funk Railroad sound" and walked away.

Grand Funk Railroad
The Locomotion

Latest posts

Back