The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard that earlier today. Kinda sad for me, he was my favorite drummer after John Bonham of Led Zeppelin passed away. Peart was very enjoyable to watch play, had a style all his own and typically had a HUGE drum set. I read he had been fight Brain cancer for over 3 years.
R.I.P.

Meerkat: I became a huge Leon Russell fan after seeing Mad Dogs and Englishman. The Joe Cocker version is probably the Gold Standard, but this is my favorite Leon Russell song. God Rest His Soul. A couple of trivia tidbits; did you know that Leon Russell played with the Wrecking Crew, studio musicians in LA? Rumor has it the Delta Lady was Rita Coolidge, but she says the only shenanigans that happened in the garden were in Leon Russell's head. Oh to be young again.

Meerkat: I became a huge Leon Russell fan after seeing Mad Dogs and Englishman. The Joe Cocker version is probably the Gold Standard, but this is my favorite Leon Russell song. God Rest His Soul. A couple of trivia tidbits; did you know that Leon Russell played with the Wrecking Crew, studio musicians in LA? Rumor has it the Delta Lady was Rita Coolidge, but she says the only shenanigans that happened in the garden were in Leon Russell's head. Oh to be young again.

Morgan I know he was a great pianist and had a couple of his albums back in the late 60s early 70s.
This is one of my favorites since I liked the Keys closest place I could be to islands and water.

https://youtu.be/gw_x6szY4b8

This one is back in the good old days. Fine music.

One of my favorite bands, saw them in mid 70s at Georgia Jam Atlanta Fulton Countt Stadium.
I was probably the only one there not on drugsLOL at that concert, Alman Brothers top billing Greg came out and ODed on stage.
When ' Can't You See ' played I climbed the 5 story flag pole,all the hippies almost freaked out running around under the pole with tarps and blankets to catch me. I could climb very well. My friend and I use to climb poles at local city parks as kids and young teens.

No wonder Samson lost his hair, look listen and watch these girls,lol. Poor Carlos is having a time of it:D

Last edited:
This woman was introduced by Reba and she can sing.

Love her voice in this song, but far as the silly fool playing in the snow, there'd be rocks in those snow balls when the toon got home or if he was smart he wouldn't come home.:D.Love hurts is all I can say.

https://youtu.be/Es1xpUxrMhU

A little chaange heree with the music, ' variety the spice of life'.First rapper gets down 2.20 minutes into video but don't skip the first part.

I heard this on the radio today. Also listened to the one by the original artist, Mr. Johnny Cash, but I think i prefer this one by Chet Atkins and Jerry Reed. "Tennessee Stud"

I heard this on the radio today. Also listened to the one by the original artist, Mr. Johnny Cash, but I think i prefer this one by Chet Atkins and Jerry Reed. "Tennessee Stud"

I remember this song Patch even the chorus except I was thinking can'r be no horse has green eyes o_O. But memory served me guess there is a horse with green eyes.:)

@Meerkat I'm so particular. I like a lot of different kinds of music but it doesn't mean I like every artist that does that genre or every song a particular artist or band performs. I like almost every Stevie Ray Vaughan song, most CSNY, Pink Floyd, Sade, Paul Simon, Phil Collins, Santana, Robert Plant, Clapton, Led Zeppelin (but a couple of LZ's stuff is kinda trashy), Peter Frampton, ELP, Tom Petty, old Journey.

Some country is okay, Johnny Cash I grew up hearing that. I generally don't care for Christian pop or rock. Nah thanks.
Flatt & Scruggs...Love it. Doobie Brothers. Kansas. You can skim through this thread and see what I posted, that's what I like. Usually if I didn't "like" it, I don't like it.
I despise Arrowsmith and the Rolling Stones, ac dc -- gaah Elton John wrote some beautiful or interesting music, is very talented, but he, like Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger are worse than sand paper on a brush burn to me. Their egos --- UGH. Kills it for me. I don't like music that is degrading to women but sometimes I am a little slow at realizing what lyrics are about, imagine that. Or music (lyrics) that trash talk sex or suggestive language. I don't need that in my life cuz I don't talk like that or think like that.
I try to have an open mind and I enjoy some of the new stuff by the kids (younger generations) and I mostly can't remember names or song names anymore of the new stuff. So, mostly just rock and roll, some soul, blues, bluegrass, some jazz, country to a point, but I also like to listen to classical music like Vivaldi, Beethoven, Bach, etc. Some of what I listen to is called "Post-Grunge." I'm sure I've missed naming other genres I enjoy listening to.
why am I up so late? I do not know.

@Meerkat I'm so particular. I like a lot of different kinds of music but it doesn't mean I like every artist that does that genre or every song a particular artist or band performs. I like almost every Stevie Ray Vaughan song, most CSNY, Pink Floyd, Sade, Paul Simon, Phil Collins, Santana, Robert Plant, Clapton, Led Zeppelin (but a couple of LZ's stuff is kinda trashy), Peter Frampton, ELP, Tom Petty, old Journey.

Some country is okay, Johnny Cash I grew up hearing that. I generally don't care for Christian pop or rock. Nah thanks.
Flatt & Scruggs...Love it. Doobie Brothers. Kansas. You can skim through this thread and see what I posted, that's what I like. Usually if I didn't "like" it, I don't like it.
I despise Arrowsmith and the Rolling Stones, ac dc -- gaah Elton John wrote some beautiful or interesting music, is very talented, but he, like Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger are worse than sand paper on a brush burn to me. Their egos --- UGH. Kills it for me. I don't like music that is degrading to women but sometimes I am a little slow at realizing what lyrics are about, imagine that. Or music (lyrics) that trash talk sex or suggestive language. I don't need that in my life cuz I don't talk like that or think like that.
I try to have an open mind and I enjoy some of the new stuff by the kids (younger generations) and I mostly can't remember names or song names anymore of the new stuff. So, mostly just rock and roll, some soul, blues, bluegrass, some jazz, country to a point, but I also like to listen to classical music like Vivaldi, Beethoven, Bach, etc. Some of what I listen to is called "Post-Grunge." I'm sure I've missed naming other genres I enjoy listening to.
why am I up so late? I do not know.

Looks like we won't be sharing albums :lil guy:. :D

Patch I was wondering because as you say music you like is kinda all over the place,like mine too .I heard this song a few days go and only becu of the name I thought of you. Just because of title and your user name, Also Clemsom and Clover cam to mind. BTW hope your head was better this morning.:huggs:

I like Areosmith,and TheStones. DC no. See you on the boards.

Patch cover your ears gotta play Aerosmith.

Here is my favorite song from Bangledesh concert album,

Latest posts

Back