The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buddy Miles had just passed 2014 away so Clapron and Winwood dedicated this song to him.

Thanks @Meerkat Sometimes we just need the reminder - been a rough week. We are Jimmy D fans so love that version. Charlie was an "alternate" character, but was extremely talented. It's a beautiful piece in many forms~

I like that song by Santana and sung by Rob, but I can surely always get by just fine without the video part. Lol

I think it's probably the 3rd time for it posting in this thread. Some songs bear repeating. Sometimes I scroll back through the pages.
Now what's the deal here...do none of my cohorts like Sting or U2? Is it the political thing?
:dunno: We all have different tastes in music and entertainment. What we grew up with seems to weigh in too.

I like that song by Santana and sung by Rob, but I can surely always get by just fine without the video part. Lol

I think it's probably the 3rd time for it posting in this thread. Some songs bear repeating. Sometimes I scroll back through the pages.
Now what's the deal here...do none of my cohorts like Sting or U2? Is it the political thing?
:dunno: We all have different tastes in music and entertainment. What we grew up with seems to weigh in too.

Patch its probably more about age and times than politics. I like many kinds of music. Not much into new age or rap.

The fall of England is sure are we next?

Last edited:
@Bacpacker George Harrison played the slide guitar for that first song. I think he played along in some of their other songs too. For some reason that first song, the music, was going through my mind today and I could not remember any of the words except one line. Nice thing you can type in any phrases from a song and find it on the www.

They were a good sound, just right for their time, sounded like The Beatles. I did not know that about the lead singer, I know basically nothing about them, but did read that 3 of them have died.

Wow, Bacpacker! Love it! Good one!!
They were around but if you ask someone our age or older, rockers of course, "do you remember Badfinger?"...Do you think anyone does? Does not ring a bell until I hear the music.

Wow, Bacpacker! Love it! Good one!!
They were around but if you ask someone our age or older, rockers of course, "do you remember Badfinger?"...Do you think anyone does? Does not ring a bell until I hear the music.

Oh some would, some wouldn't. Wife and I do this thing, name the band or singer when a song comes on. Actually I get her guessing. LOL. I know bands and music pretty good, she knows songs, but not as well with the bands.

Spencer Davis band was good.

Latest posts

Back