The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Played okay for me, but i'm using an Opera browser with a VPN, which usually shows my IP location as somewhere in Holland, & jumps Domain blocks for me. Nice tune, kinda reminded me of some of the old Windham Hill stuff from the 1980's.

After reading the news ans seeing all the hate and violence ,cruelty this song comes ot mind. He was Cat Stevens back then and he was a great song writer not like the person he became late in life.Cat passed when he became a radical,but Cats Stevens music will live on.

He was a good musicin. But when he went muslim that was it for me. Too damn weird.

BacP I agree about the muslim part, but this was long before he became a muslim.He is no longer the same person. I also like to listen to other artist who have passed and as long as he is in islam he is not of the living,imo.
The same man who wrote the peaceful osngs of the 60s and 70s is gone but his music lives on just like the BeeGees Beatles aand other great songwriters.
I do understand your part too. Its just we keep losing so much of who and what we were at times I go back to the past. Maybe I'm wrong don't know.

Wild World was a good song. I liked it and recall it well. It's his later life that turns me off, his political bent. Same deal with Springsteen, John Mellencamp, Bon Jovi, Dixie Chicks and the like. If they can't do what they make good money doing and keep their mouth shut trying to tell me how to think, well I'll not give them the light of day. Just my 2 cents. I've been told I'm hard headed, that ok too. dancing chicken

Wild World was a good song. I liked it and recall it well. It's his later life that turns me off, his political bent. Same deal with Springsteen, John Mellencamp, Bon Jovi, Dixie Chicks and the like. If they can't do what they make good money doing and keep their mouth shut trying to tell me how to think, well I'll not give them the light of day. Just my 2 cents. I've been told I'm hard headed, that ok too. dancing chicken

Thats ok aand its understandable.

I agree you have to do what you feel is right. :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back