The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every now and then I listened to the tenors, and Mr.Meer didn't like them al all!So one day he thew my album away ,didn't admit it for years.
Anyone else like a change now and then of classic opera?
One of the songs on the album he espeically disliked,

Surprise, surprise! I love that, @Meerkat
Last night I tried posting but not even my comments were saved.
It was by the top ranked band, set to earn $15k for their appearance at Woodstock. Of course nobody bought a ticket so I don't know where that magic money was pulled from.

Surprise isn't the word for it, now I'm ' surprised'!
I told Mr.Meer " this song will probably snd Patch over the edge"
.o_O. She may even close down The Dixie Club for good.😁

Glad you liked it. Also ironic that I was going to put up Blood Sweat and Tears 2 days ago. Got busy and forgot.:thumbs:

I love John Denver's voice and Mr Domingo didn't go too far. You just never know how your music choices influence others. I dont know how that graph got there. @Sentry18 please remove the graph

I also listen to the words of a song,something most musicians who play music don't do as much as the instrumental notes.
I always liked Denver too.

I had no idea the BeeGees have been at it since 1960

First hit song or close,

18 minutes ago I put up one of thei songs I espcially liked and it was also their fist Number One Hit,syncronisity keeps hanging around me.:huh:Just thought the music was extra nice in the song.

Bee Gees - Massachusetts

Last edited:
About the death of John F. Kennedy and the times and human nature.
What I get out of this long drawn out song anyway.:dunno:

Oooooold version of Joe Walsh presenting Rocky Mountain Way..................
There is a series of songs done at this same concert, some stuff I don't recall having heard before.

Two songs that bring into mind awakenings of oneself and forgiveness of one with character and integrity,
In an apology to a special person here several months ago I put up this 'apology song' dedicated to myself in a PM.

in his foegiveness of of my hypocracy he dedicated the second one is one back to me.
I think we all have a little of both of these songs in us.

Last edited:
I love Dear Prudence.
Into some long play Journey tonight even though i have posted this before, it always begs me to listen to it on nights like this.........

Latest posts

Back