The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm probably the only one here who likes the Police/Sting. The lyrics to this song seem appropriate for not too far in the future. More about the lyrics than the music this time.

Something is seriously wrong with my laptop ,plus this orange light keep trailing across the top of page when I try to write,wonder if I got a virus .Aggrevating .

In the 60s it was Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass after we moved to civilization. LOL
We'd listen to classical and symphony too. Also square dancing music when we still lived in the sticks, and the Flatt and Scruggs kind of stuff.
My dad listened to country music on his way to work.
My mom listened to my brother's music too...Beatles and Moody Blues...:D
I don't remember much else......

That happens to me when I have a poor connection.
Plus videos keep loading for minutes at a time..Been acting up for awhile now some days worse than others, but last few days really bad. I called Windstream my server and paid for upgrade on speed and it didn't seem to last long or really help far as I know.I sure don'tneed any help messing up things.

:dunno::confused:

My dad was strickly Country and Western. He would tolerate a little rock when we was on the road. Mother liked Elvis. But at the house we rarely had any music until they bought me a little stereo when I was 10-12. I always had it on when I was in my room.

My dad was strickly Country and Western. He would tolerate a little rock when we was on the road. Mother liked Elvis. But at the house we rarely had any music until they bought me a little stereo when I was 10-12. I always had it on when I was in my room.
In the 60s it was Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass after we moved to civilization. LOL
We'd listen to classical and symphony too. Also square dancing music when we still lived in the sticks, and the Flatt and Scruggs kind of stuff.
My dad listened to country music on his way to work.
My mom listened to my brother's music too...Beatles and Moody Blues...:D
I don't remember much else......

Sounds like my family in some ways althoughmama liked it all but not so much rock unless it was Elvis or Jerry Lee.,
I think some of us get a little music from our parents and then our taste changes with each generation. :thumbs:

Your likely right. My Niece who is 22 loves 70's & 80's rock

These young people today are hungry for good music.
Sometimes on Youtube I will be litening to classic rock and read comments and they will say how much they like our music and wish they had music like that now.
I know yall won't beleive it but they saythe same thing about early 60s music at times too.:peace::). I think they just don't like most of todays music. I know why too,whats there to like? Now andthen I hear asongI like ok but very seldom.

Love him or hate him you have to admit the man can dance. Go John,

yes, it is mostly true that younger folk enjoy our music. My sons like the old rock. Even Pink Floyd, lol
And then their womenfolk push their kind of music on them, HAHAHA. Yeah, I'm not even going there.
It's just different that's all, but definitely not my taste!
I do have "family" who prefer the younger generation's music and go to their big festivals of beer drinkin', pot smokin', tattoos, tents like it's woodstock. UGH. Really? People still live like that? Yes, they do. Amid Covid? Not likely.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back