Quantcast

The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Warren came into the band later after Duane and Berry Oakley were killed in bike wrecks about 1 year apart.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
One of my favorite C&W songs, the lyrics in this song really says alot about our lives.

Patchouli

Patriot
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Thank you, Meerkat. I would listen to more of it if I knew what to listen to! I don't drink, so I don't care for drinking songs but the music is fun!
I like Vince Gil, don't I?

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Thank you, Meerkat. I would listen to more of it if I knew what to listen to! I don't drink, so I don't care for drinking songs but the music is fun!
I like Vince Gil, don't I?
Patch ope you like this one, I seldom drink myself but like to think I'm getting away if only in my mind,lol.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Nobody has ever sang this song like Elvis, absolutely beauriful,he hits notes I didn't know he could.

Patchouli

Patriot
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I guess he's singing with angels now.
Never heard Danny Boy by Elvis.
Turned on the radio the other day while riding along. Changed station three times, I talk out loud to myself now and said who told these guys they could sing!?? Sure not me. Turned off radio.
Frampton is a sweetheart and does a fine job.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I guess he's singing with angels now.
Never heard Danny Boy by Elvis.
Turned on the radio the other day while riding along. Changed station three times, I talk out loud to myself now and said who told these guys they could sing!?? Sure not me. Turned off radio.
Frampton is a sweetheart and does a fine job.
Yes imo Elvis knoccked this song out of the park, never heard it done so beautifully!
I know all about the fussing out the radio and web.;)
Some songs I just like the beat for exercise some I like the lyrics and soem I can't stand either lyrics or beat.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hubby neice can or could dance these dance, she took a class and did a good job of it,Don't know where seh could goto do it but it looked neat. ;) .:dancing:I fast forwarded it tsome.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Poetry in motion! Beautiful song, beautiful dance and most beautiful gowns Ginger ever wore.

Comments on YT,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLq-p4EagjVjxCvc7z8mPvQ
3 years ago
Beautiful gown, they really knew how to dress back in those days. Love her shoes too!

3 years ago
I watched a video where Frank Sinatra inroduced a dance by Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Frank introduced them with these words. "Watch this closely, folks - you'll never see anything like this again" He was right. Wise words.

Skilful, stylish, magical, classy - just wonderful. Bravo indeed.

2 years ago
I'll bet she had no implants or plastic surgery. Just a natural, gifted beauty.

Last edited:

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I hate bull fighting and would like to see one of those things stuck in bulls neck nerves stuck up the fighters ass, But I like Herb albert,

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hubby aka Mr.Meer parents use to win dance contest,jitterbug ,etc,.

Latest posts