The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did think hippies were funny "SOMETIMES" mostly I didn't like them hubby was having more babies with them than he was me, [ he had 7 kids 3 were mine and his ] and I never liked drugs including pot. But at times they were entertaining and funny.

I despise dr hook and thought he was one of the more immoral ones.
Being a hippie means having lots of kids? I thought being a hippie meant women's rights, no bras, no war, no guns, birth control, yes, the drugs, drinking, sex without marriage. But I also thought that a person could still be a hippie and be faithful and true to a significant other.
I don't think hippies are a thing these days. They're more like drug addicts, low life quality, or liberals.
None of which is me or you.

I despise dr hook and thought he was one of the more immoral ones.
Being a hippie means having lots of kids? I thought being a hippie meant women's rights, no bras, no war, no guns, birth control, yes, the drugs, drinking, sex without marriage. But I also thought that a person could still be a hippie and be faithful and true to a significant other.
I don't think hippies are a thing these days. They're more like drug addicts, low life quality, or liberals.
None of which is me or you.

Patch it ws als oa whole lot of " free love " in Hippieville, back then.It worked good for the guys [ except for the occasional Clap but even that was fixed with a shot of pennicillain for them] , not so much for the girls left with the babies and drug problems. I really wanted my kids to have a father but couldn't take the stoned fools coming to me tellinh me they were pG with my hubby baby, I just said " join the damn crowd".Half the young peopel in my family were hippies ,half the young nation was hippies far as that goes.
I don't care what their moral were if that were true I'd never had any fun at all at concerts or dances. I was a big enough prude as it was,lol. And we had some good music in the 50s,70s and even before and after that era.
This song was funny too ,speaking of the wild free love that wasn't free

@Patch I'll dedicatethis song to you .A very good man once dedicated to me .Did I say I too can be ' prudent'.:peace:

I like that song. A friend calls me Prudence. Lol
You've dedicated that song to me twice now in the last 3 or 4 pages here.
I came across a quote supposedly from John Lennon.
"When I was 5 my mother always told me happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment and I told them they didn't understand life."

I like that song. A friend calls me Prudence. Lol
You've dedicated that song to me twice now in the last 3 or 4 pages here.
I came across a quote supposedly from John Lennon.
"When I was 5 my mother always told me happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment and I told them they didn't understand life."

Well you didn't have to tell em how senile I'm getting, but thats ok I'm glad you liked it and no wonder I knew you liked the Beatles,lol.:huggs:

I saw these guys in Atlanta at The Rose Room in 1973. Just got off work at GM night shift.Not really my kind of music but they were great musicians and entertining.Plus we all sat on stag with them since club was closeing and they pulled up in limo as club was closing.They still perform today just not together they split ways in the 70s.

Johnny Winter b. 1944 d. 2014
Edgar Winter b. 1946
I used to listen to their music because it was what my brother listened to. It was different. Frankenstein was a favorite.
here are the beatles

Last edited:
Darnit!!! That's what I get for not watching the whole thing through again. Something ridiculous!!!
Well, the song was never that long when I heard before.
Funny what some people call artistic expression, or music.:dunno::LOL:

It's been like this for weeks and of course they don't answer the #@#$%& phone when i call, they give me the business, Meer! I get a tutorial on how to fix my problem but it never stays fixed.

Latest posts

Back