The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorite C&W songs, the lyrics in this song really says alot about our lives.

Thank you, Meerkat. I would listen to more of it if I knew what to listen to! I don't drink, so I don't care for drinking songs but the music is fun!
I like Vince Gil, don't I?

Thank you, Meerkat. I would listen to more of it if I knew what to listen to! I don't drink, so I don't care for drinking songs but the music is fun!
I like Vince Gil, don't I?

Patch ope you like this one, I seldom drink myself but like to think I'm getting away if only in my mind,lol.

Nobody has ever sang this song like Elvis, absolutely beauriful,he hits notes I didn't know he could.

I guess he's singing with angels now.
Never heard Danny Boy by Elvis.
Turned on the radio the other day while riding along. Changed station three times, I talk out loud to myself now and said who told these guys they could sing!?? Sure not me. Turned off radio.
Frampton is a sweetheart and does a fine job.

I guess he's singing with angels now.
Never heard Danny Boy by Elvis.
Turned on the radio the other day while riding along. Changed station three times, I talk out loud to myself now and said who told these guys they could sing!?? Sure not me. Turned off radio.
Frampton is a sweetheart and does a fine job.

Yes imo Elvis knoccked this song out of the park, never heard it done so beautifully!
I know all about the fussing out the radio and web.;)
Some songs I just like the beat for exercise some I like the lyrics and soem I can't stand either lyrics or beat.

Hubby neice can or could dance these dance, she took a class and did a good job of it,Don't know where seh could goto do it but it looked neat. ;) .:dancing:I fast forwarded it tsome.

Poetry in motion! Beautiful song, beautiful dance and most beautiful gowns Ginger ever wore.

Comments on YT,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLq-p4EagjVjxCvc7z8mPvQ
3 years ago
Beautiful gown, they really knew how to dress back in those days. Love her shoes too!

3 years ago
I watched a video where Frank Sinatra inroduced a dance by Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Frank introduced them with these words. "Watch this closely, folks - you'll never see anything like this again" He was right. Wise words.

Skilful, stylish, magical, classy - just wonderful. Bravo indeed.

2 years ago
I'll bet she had no implants or plastic surgery. Just a natural, gifted beauty.

Last edited:
I hate bull fighting and would like to see one of those things stuck in bulls neck nerves stuck up the fighters ass, But I like Herb albert,

Hubby aka Mr.Meer parents use to win dance contest,jitterbug ,etc,.

Back