The Olympics

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you think Biles motive was?

And everyone has different mental health levels. Some can stand tough, some have panic attacks and break downs. Biles’s performances were pretty dismal before she stepped down.
IMO she had a terrible performance and couldn't handle losing. Sore lower. So she just quit, both on herself, and on her teammates which is even worse.

I agree with Backpacker. I don't believe there was a motive, She choked, and then she quit.

Disappointed, but not with you, Pearl, with the coaching staff that allows it to happen.

Been watching Olympic weightlifting.
"The Women's Snatch" (their name for it, not mine).
Evidently the big girl from China had the best one. :rolleyes:
I guess that's better than "The Men's Clean & Jerk" (again, their name for it, not mine).
The Chinese guy did it best.
The PC people can't come up with better names for these?:oops:

Last edited:
Been watching Olympic weightlifting.
"The Women's Snatch" (their name for it, not mine).
Evidently the big girl from China had the best one. :rolleyes:
I guess that's better than "The Men's Clean & Jerk" (again, their name for it, not mine).
The Chinese guy did it best.
The PC people can't come up with better names for these?:oops:

Weightlifting has been an Olympic event from the very beginning, and they have used those same terms for the events for 100+ years. I don't know the origin of the names, but I would expect they came from the technique used to make the lift. There is a great deal of technique involved, and not easy to master. Not just brute strength.

Today I watched some of a 50K walking event. I never knew walking was a sport.

The puzzling part… I saw several people get penalties, one a DQ. How do you get a “walking” penalty? The announcers didn’t make it clear what “foul” was committed. It can’t be for walking funny, they all walk funny! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

The puzzling part… I saw several people get penalties, one a DQ. How do you get a “walking” penalty? The announcers didn’t make it clear what “foul” they committed. It can’t be for walking funny, they all walk funny! :rolleyes:
The heel has to touch the ground for each step when walking.

Running does not involve the heel.

Ben

The puzzling part… I saw several people get penalties, one a DQ. How do you get a “walking” penalty? The announcers didn’t make it clear what “foul” was committed. It can’t be for walking funny, they all walk funny! :rolleyes:

Set the way back machine circa 1966. The movie Walk Don't Run, a comedy set at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. The Jim Hutton character competes in the walking event. I didn't know they still did it.

Last edited:

The heel has to touch the ground for each step when walking.

Running does not involve the heel.

Ben
Also I think you have to have a foot on the ground at all times. With running, one is airborne for a moment. In walking, there is always one foot in the ground.

Last edited:
Exactly right winds-of-change! you cannot have both feet in the air when walking. That is why the hip movement is so important.

Latest posts

Back