The pussification of America's youth

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Good article, but how to begin anew with the education of the upcoming generations?

Parents need to be ACTIVELY engaged in their children's education! Too many parents (IMHO) both work to pay to "Keep up with the Jones" and let the baby-sitters, school teachers and others like Hollywood to mold their children's minds.

Parents need to be ACTIVELY engaged in their children's education! Too many parents (IMHO) both work to pay to "Keep up with the Jones" and let the baby-sitters, school teachers and others like Hollywood to mold their children's minds.

So true. Plus the power they give to their children that are nowhere near ready for.
I remember when schools started teaching 'sex education'. Back then parents had to sign for it. I told the school my kids are not to be i nthe room when it was being taught,come to find out my girls forged my signature so they wouldn't be teased or have to sit in library when it was taught in class room.

Parents need to be ACTIVELY engaged in their children's education!

Agreed, the problem is that today's younger parents are actually part of the problem, not all, but quite a few.

My daughter just got a big surprise from her 4 yr old grandkid this past weekend visit.
The child got mad about a variety pack of chips not being to her choosing.Told her nana she'd bust her in the face with a shoe they sock her in the head.
This is the 'good kid' who has never been mean or sassy.Usually its the 8yr old or 2 yr old Tarzan.
She did correct the kid when they got back to her house.So daughter is not seeing many more visits since her daughter the mother lets the kids rule but then she is always at work or counciling for her own problem.
It is society as a whole and parents MIA in most homes,farher gone, mother working to support kids. Nursery raised kids mother feels quilty, a vicious circle. Many grandparents now raiseing their grankids.

Wasn't it Dr. Benjamin Spock's infamous book that helped kick start all this mess?

It is society as a whole and parents MIA in most homes, father gone, mother working to support kids. Nursery raised kids mother feels quilty, a vicious circle. Many grandparents now raiseing their grankids.
Hopefully we will all be dead & buried before these kids grow up and realize that they will have to work to support themselves.
Their entire life up to adulthood is simply staring cross-eyed at their thumbs on their smartphones.
Most are basically non-functional whiners that think everybody can just be a superstar skateboarder :rolleyes:.
Their world is going to suck. :(

Love all these replies, maybe some young parents will realize what it will eventually bring them?
Naa. They are perpetually busy on Fakebook discussing each other's
quote.gif
feelings
quote.gif

Blame lies with the author or with those that followed the author's "advice"?

Please read my post again. "Helped kick start all this mess" clearly lays blame on the parents. It was the parents blindly following bad advice that is the culprit.

Wasn't it Dr. Benjamin Spock's infamous book that helped kick start all this mess?
That and soya that has so much plant estrogen, which the body doesn't know the difference from human estrogen, it's multiple times female replacement estrogen drugs. It makes girly boys.

That and soya that has so much plant estrogen, which the body doesn't know the difference from human estrogen, it's multiple times female replacement estrogen drugs. It makes girly boys.

I told my daughter about soy baby formular 15 years ago when her son was born, she neverfed him anouther bottle of that stuff.
It may be the reason for so many homosexuals since thats about the time mothers left home in droves and put tjheir kids on formulars sonce making Carnation milk,Karo Strup bottles wasn't as easy.

When we were bringing our kids up we were very closed (we actually acted like 1950's parents) and made the kids behave. When we were at church if one of the kids acted up the wife would point at the kid and give a signal like “You’re Out!”, I would gently lift the child and take them to an empty room, apply discipline and then we would sit still until the crying stopped, then return to the meeting. Eventually, we had parents complain, our children were so well behaved that it made them look bad....

When we kept the grandkids for a summer, the boy would have “Meltdowns!”, walleyed fits laying on the floor kicking and screaming. First time I saw him do it in Sunday School, I scooped him up and out the door we went. When grandma went to pick the kids up from Sunday School the granddaughter told grandma, “Joe had a meltdown, Grandpa took him, he didn’t come back”…. By the time the summer was over the kids were well behaved and their school work improved too….. I think society has protected our youth into uselessness….

We need to learn from old educational materials like the Loony Toons Cartoon “Brother Brat”

A "Rosie the Riveter" type is in need of a baby-sitter for her awful child. The only person available is a clueless Porky Pig. His only instructions are to use a book of child psychology. After fruitless attempts to control the brat, the brat’s mother returns to show Porky how to use the book - as a paddle on the brat’s little behind.

On second thought I’ll bet that you couldn’t show that on TV.... too much violence….

When we were bringing our kids up we were very closed (we actually acted like 1950's parents) and made the kids behave. When we were at church if one of the kids acted up the wife would point at the kid and give a signal like “You’re Out!”, I would gently lift the child and take them to an empty room, apply discipline and then we would sit still until the crying stopped, then return to the meeting. Eventually, we had parents complain, our children were so well behaved that it made them look bad....

When we kept the grandkids for a summer, the boy would have “Meltdowns!”, walleyed fits laying on the floor kicking and screaming. First time I saw him do it in Sunday School, I scooped him up and out the door we went. When grandma went to pick the kids up from Sunday School the granddaughter told grandma, “Joe had a meltdown, Grandpa took him, he didn’t come back”…. By the time the summer was over the kids were well behaved and their school work improved too….. I think society has protected our youth into uselessness….

We need to learn from old educational materials like the Loony Toons Cartoon “Brother Brat”

A "Rosie the Riveter" type is in need of a baby-sitter for her awful child. The only person available is a clueless Porky Pig. His only instructions are to use a book of child psychology. After fruitless attempts to control the brat, the brat’s mother returns to show Porky how to use the book - as a paddle on the brat’s little behind.

On second thought I’ll bet that you couldn’t show that on TV.... too much violence….

Now its against the law to correct the kid. But sometimes I think a good spanking is snunk in. I'm thinking that is what happened to the daughters grandkid yesterday.:waiting:

Now its against the law to correct the kid. But sometimes I think a good spanking is snunk in. I'm thinking that is what happened to the daughters grandkid yesterday.:waiting:
I don't care what the government says about my spanking my kids or not. It is part of my religious practice to spank my children if they need it. (Proverbs 13:24) I am a spoon survivor. I am sure both girls will say the same when they have kids of their own.

Latest posts

Back