The raccoon thief!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
King snakes are the only one I have heard of running off the bad guys.
Not sure about it, but my grandpa would catch them and put in his barn, garage, and other sheds. Never saw mice, or poisonous snakes there.

Not sure about it, but my grandpa would catch them and put in his barn, garage, and other sheds. Never saw mice, or poisonous snakes there.
Back to raccoons, I have a spot by the woods where I put the snake bodies after I kill them (and tease the hubby with them, he's very afraid of snakes). The raccoons come and get them, I guess they eat them?!?

We too have all of the aforementioned in our area. I don't know what it is about my house. Somewhere in animal language there must be a sign that says "Humane Society". I have had skunks take up residence under the front porch. I had a raccoon take up residence in the attic. One of the dogs caught a possum one night. Neighbor across the street had a coyote slink out of the creek with an eye on his dog. I had a wild goose land in my front yard and stay. We called some agency, and they came and got it. AND I LIVE IN A SUBDIVISION. WTH ?!?!

I do have a resident black snake somewhere, which I have seen several times, but he must be falling down on the job because I saw a chipmunk on the front porch this week.

He's talking about venomous snakes.
They are everywhere down here. Short, fat, and black, water moccasins (AKA: Cottonmouth).
Also one of the very few on my 'shoot on sight' list. We don't need any of those :waiting:.
Agkistrodon_piscivorus_leucostoma.jpg

If you see one, shoot it. If not, the next time you see it, it may be sending you to the emergency room :oops:.

I've seen plenty of those. Had one chase me almost 1/4 mile.

Indigo snakes in Tx. They eat other snakes but they get quite large and will make your heart stop when you see a big one.

Back to raccoons, I have a spot by the woods where I put the snake bodies after I kill them (and tease the hubby with them, he's very afraid of snakes). The raccoons come and get them, I guess they eat them?!?
Yes they will eat a snake.

Latest posts

Back