The roads in Australia are melting!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Now THAT'S HOT!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-44720166

Excerpt: "Up to 50 motorists may be entitled to compensation over the incident in Queensland on Tuesday, reports said.

"I have never seen anything like it and when the reports started coming through yesterday, it was just incredible," local mayor Joe Paronella told the ABC.

The incident has been blamed on a change in weather, and damage to the road after it was resealed last week.

Local resident Deborah Stacey said "big globs" of tar had stuck to vehicles, amid hot weather that followed several cooler days and rain."

Crappy asphalt?!??!

@VenomJockey no that is the usual heat they get in Northern Australia which is hot, hot and more hot. Although it has been extreme in some places as there has been a drought and the heat is intermittently hotter because of that.

Fortunately we are in the mountains and get cool breezes here but I do remember the 1st year we moved here having summer temperature of 45 oc and the winter of -11 oc. From living in Australia since birth I can say it is a usual weather pattern with either extreme heat or flooding at least once every 10 years.

Meh..Normal up here in Northern Australia esp. in Summer just before the monsoon starts.

Road crews leave it be because the roads that actually have bitumen are going to a lot, lot worse by the end of the wet season.

At the end of the wet season when it's marginally cooler and most of the killing heat is over they send the road crews out.

Latest posts

Back