The Sandwich thread

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I can live on

Tomato and onion sandwich , as long as the components are fresh.
( May need a smidgin of Miracle Whip)

Next would be Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato... (fresh lettuce and tomato)
(with a smidgin of miracle whip).

I'm going to Food Giant later..
Got Bacon ...need fresh lettuce and fresh grown tomato(hydro I'm sure)

Yep, I can live on those.
blt.jpg

Marinated+Tomato+and+Vidalia+Onion+Sandwiches_Placing+on+Top+Slice+of+Bread+2.JPG

Jim
sandwich-smiley-emoticon.gif

I don't eat bread much any more, but sandwiches make for a great summer meal.

I love a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich on toasted bread with a little mayo.

In the summer time, especially during those times when there is company for a few days, I like having the makings for ham sandwiches, and to have some salads made up to eat with them. I remember the summer after my daughter was born, I had ham for sandwiches along with potato salad. It was an easy way to cook once and to have a few cool meals. One of my friends came over and we had ham sandwiches and potato salad. For years she talked about what a good meal that was.

My cousin eats peanut butter and onion sandwiches. I have never had one, but she loves them.

Last edited:
I went to survival school(SERE) in the Navy.
There was very little to eat so of course we spent all the time talking about food.
I wanted a bacon sandwich.
After the class I went to the bowling alley on base and ordered a bacon sandwich.
The waitress informed me they didn't have bacon sandwiches but they did have a BLT.
I ordered one and as she was walking away I said hold the lettuce, she said OK.
Then as she walked away again I said hey, hold the tomato.
She accused me of being a smart a.. but I did get my bacon sandwich.:D

I love shredded chicken with chopped pecans, sliced grapes, mayo and the works...….Mmmmmmmm
I like to add crasins to mine

I have made a many a kid happy with P'nut Butter and Banana sammiches,

Either whip the p'nut butter and Banana together and spread on bread....or
spread P'nut butter on one slice a bread, and slice the banana on the other and slap em together.

OH YEAH !!!

Jim
you can also lightly fry this in buttered skillet.:woo hoo:

Last edited:

spread P'nut butter on one slice a bread, and slice the banana on the other and slap em together.

OH YEAH !!!

Jim

Jim, add a little honey to that. YUMMMMMMMMY

I prefer sliced banana and mayo, sliced pineapple from a can with mayo isn't bad either.

The strangest sandwich I've ever eaten... After a night out on the town with the guys while in the Navy we were all going to crash at a rented house belonging to one of the guys. He started making grilled cheese and peanut butter sandwiches as soon as we got there. o_O He was from Maine... family worked at the Bath Iron Works building Navy ships. He said grilled cheese and peanut butter was a tradition there.

They weren't bad... A couple of sandwiches and I was out like a light. :) I wasn't even hung over the next morning... PB&C heese? :D

Last edited:
I hated the year I spent in WV as far as food is concerned. If I ordered a hotdog, a burger, a bbq sandwich or any sandwich... They came with cold slaw on top. It wasn't even good cold slaw, nasty minced crap with watered down mayo. I think Travis Tritt sang a song that mentioned a slaw dog... (that I will never eat again).

I'm not fond of coleslaw on a good day. Only once in my life I had coleslaw I loved. I proposed to the lady who made it in front of her husband... All in good fun! ;)

I'm cole slaw picky, too. Husband likes it with little bits of fresh pineapple in it, so sometimes I make it that way. Baked beans and slaw are my usual side orders for a pulled pork sandwich. I love pulled pork. I'm very mac cheese picky. Can't be out of a box or fake cheese sauce. My own homemade with a Hebrew National hotdog is the best.

Tomato sandwich

white bread ( a must), thick sliced, ripe, home grown tomato, salt and pepper and mayo (only)

its the only way to eat a tomato sandwich

OH YEAH !!!

Jim

My wife occasionally will eat one of those.
I won't even kiss her afterword until she brushes her teeth.

I LOVE thickly sliced corned beef with sliced onions and hotter than hot English mustard.

Tuna mayo sandwich with sliced pungent brown onion and lettuce.

Toasted sliced smoked turkey with cheese and cranberry conserve.

Fresh peeled prawns, thousand island sauce and shredded lettuce on really fresh white fluffy bread.

Fresh picked crab meat, home made mayo and a big squeeze of lemon juice on fresh white fluffy bread.

Toasted BLT with smokey BBQ sauce.

Latest posts

Back