The Tuktu Documentary Series

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkhound

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Learn about traditional Inuit culture from this fascinating series. This series documents cultural practices, skills, and values in Nunavut in northern Canada. Each episode focuses on a different topic, and does a good job of celebrating the skills and resourcefulness of the Inuit.

The territory of the Inuit (also called Eskimo, Inupiaq, Yupik, and other regional names) cover the northern and western regions of Alaska, northern Canada, and Greenland. The Inuit continue to live in these areas and maintain many cultural traditions while also incorporating some modern technology into their culture as well. Inuit continue to have a deep respect and spiritual connection with the land and its resources.

The Tuktu documentary series was produced by the National Film Board of Canada between 1966 and 1968. Director: Laurence Hyde Writer: Laurence Hyde Star: Tommy Tweed License: Public Domain

theres 13 parts to this but part 3 is missing. i can see in a playlist there one hidden video. i dont no reason why it could have contained sensitive stuff in todays woke world and they put it to private. so we have to pick up at part 4

dug till i found part 3. the start sounded like one of building the kayak but its not. its highlighting skills of the hand.

click here and it should auto play all but part 3 so you can sit back and enjoy it like a full movie

Tuktu

In 1971, I spent a summer with the Inuit in Arviat, Nunavut (at the time it was called Eskimo Point, Northwest Territory). The people were extremely friendly and industrious. They were also very fit and healthy. Many of the younger people I met are now Facebook friends. The saddest thing about many of the Inuit today is that they are way overweight, even the children, and unhealthy. I guess a couple generations of welfare payments, free housing, and free food will do that to a culture. It seems many survive on eating snack food, candy, and soda pop. So sad.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back