The ULTIMATE Brat!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
1 beer brat wrapped in uncured bacon, uncured bacon won't shrink and is better for you.
While it's cooking for approximately twenty minutes, blowtorch your bun medium brown, add brown or golden mustard
and a slice of Provolone cheese and torch it a bit more.
In a small pan, caramelize a mix of half onion half mushrooms in olive oil and a splash of beer. spoon it into your bun (or French roll)
lay your bacon blasted brat on it and give it a zap of Marinara sauce and garnish with black olives.
Serve with a chilled dill pickle and home fried tater wedges dusted in corn meal mixed with season salt and serve them with either
spicy ketchup or ranch dressing.

The belch is as tasty as the meal. LOL

I got sausage on sale for the holidays & have not worked through them as of today.
Sauerkraut sometimes, spice brown mustard, some time on a bun, some time as finger food.
Some times onion cooked until clear, mushrooms with garlic.
NOTE: I thought you were talking about an unruly child!:):oops::rolleyes:

Yep! Cut the cabbage up, salt it (non iodized), add water, stick it in the crock. Put on the weight stone and lid it. Spoon off the yuck once a week that gathers on top. Ready in about three weeks. Rinse it. Water bath can it if you want. Or just keep it in the fridge. I've got a big crock, so I keep some in the fridge and can the rest. People either love sauerkraut or hate it.

I luv some good sauerkraut but don't usually eat it except summer (grilling). Best I've had came from germany. I recently posted about some kraut made in wisconsin I think. It came in a bag. It was good kraut.

I don't like Kimchi though. I like hot n sour soup but kimchi is a whole different kind of hot n sour, the savory is missing.

I've never thought about making it myself. Cabbage is cheap, got plenty of salt and clean water. Even have my grandmothers churn. Has anyone tried making it with store bought cabbage?

Yep! Cut the cabbage up, salt it (non iodized), add water, stick it in the crock. Put on the weight stone and lid it. Spoon off the yuck once a week that gathers on top. Ready in about three weeks. Rinse it. Water bath can it if you want. Or just keep it in the fridge. I've got a big crock, so I keep some in the fridge and can the rest. People either love sauerkraut or hate it.
I have a dish for you! buy a half pound of unsliced bologna or else extra thick cut and chop it into healthy size cubes, stir fry it brown with the least amount of olive oil possible, sprinkle lightly with red pepper seed and add 2 cups of kraut and simmer until the kraut wilts slightly, stir in just enough diced onion or 1/2 cup of green onion tops and remove from heat for five minutes, serve with pinto bean casserole, mashed potatoes and corn.

1 beer brat wrapped in uncured bacon, uncured bacon won't shrink and is better for you.
While it's cooking for approximately twenty minutes, blowtorch your bun medium brown, add brown or golden mustard
and a slice of Provolone cheese and torch it a bit more.
In a small pan, caramelize a mix of half onion half mushrooms in olive oil and a splash of beer. spoon it into your bun (or French roll)
lay your bacon blasted brat on it and give it a zap of Marinara sauce and garnish with black olives.
Serve with a chilled dill pickle and home fried tater wedges dusted in corn meal mixed with season salt and serve them with either
spicy ketchup or ranch dressing.

The belch is as tasty as the meal. LOL

I love my beer brats, and I don’t have them often enough. I will have to try your version!

Oddly enough, I was expecting this thread was going to be about this kind of ultimate brat:

1635946663027.jpeg

Is that a ranchero?

Its a Subaru Brat. That's what I thought the thread was about when I read the title. I was obviously not hungry when I had this thought, but reading about how you made your brat changed that!

@Magus are you from WI by any chance? We are raised on these types of brat creations from weaning from the bottle onward.
Nope, hillbilly born and bred, I'm just well traveled.

Anybody ever mix kraut and onions in their burger?

Nope, hillbilly born and bred, I'm just well traveled.

Anybody ever mix kraut and onions in their burger?

onions and an egg in my burger mix, yes. Adding kraut makes it sound like a runza verses a burger, and I have done that as well. I haven’t done that in decades though.

Pickle relish anyone?

Bacon/Tuna salad
and Doritos sandwich with pepper rings on a scooped out french bread lightly toasted.

Wilted sour kraut, mushroom onion pizza with ground summer sausage, pepperoni and provolone.

Latest posts

Back