The war on our food

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVDragonlady

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Christian's latest video is very interesting and a bit scary.
Pigs are being infected deliberately with the covid as an experiment so now they want to kill all the pork.
they started with cattle here in the Us back in Oct.
They're pushing this so that we have to rely on their factory lab farm grown meats and make us all go meatless
They're doing everything they can to stop protein supply in the world.

runtime 16 mins. give a listen

This scares me more than the people version.

I have always believed that my preps and hunting skills could pull me through anything, but EHD (a deer virus) hit here this year and whiped out 80% of the local deer herd. It made me realize that being able to grow food may be one of the most important skills you can have if SHTF for real.

I was considering starting a thread about what have you learned now that we are half way through our first pandemic in 100 years? Just don't know where to put it.

It really is a problem for people who "grow their own meat". If a govt agency declares someone's pigs down the road may have something, then everyone's pigs get taken out in the whole area. I don't believe the govt take on this at all. As Christian said, you can find something wrong with anything if you change the testing parameters.

It really is a problem for people who "grow their own meat". If a govt agency declares someone's pigs down the road may have something, then everyone's pigs get taken out in the whole area. I don't believe the govt take on this at all. As Christian said, you can find something wrong with anything if you change the testing parameters.

There is no sense in this at all. I wonder where all the ones who took an oath are to protect the laws under constitution. Guess they don't think it will affect them but it will eventually.

I was just watching 2 dozen elk in my back yard so for awhile I would be set for meat.

That was what I thought last year, in the spring I counted 20 deer on the properties where I usually hunt, when they got the EHD almost all of them died in a matter of weeks. Nature is a harsh provider, when you become dependent she pulls her support. The warm winters we have been having have only increased the cases of these diseases that attack both man and beast. Now don't get the idea that I am a raging environmentalist, I believe that the true cause of global warming is too many people and no one wants to go down that rabbit hole.

That was what I thought last year, in the spring I counted 20 deer on the properties where I usually hunt, when they got the EHD almost all of them died in a matter of weeks. Nature is a harsh provider, when you become dependent she pulls her support. The warm winters we have been having have only increased the cases of these diseases that attack both man and beast. Now don't get the idea that I am a raging environmentalist, I believe that the true cause of global warming is too many people and no one wants to go down that rabbit hole.
I agree to a certain extent but also agree with scientist that every so many milliiniums we have climate change.
The earth doesn't have enough fresh water to sustain so many billions of humans. Much less wildlife. Plus floods,droughts and other natural disasters takes its toll.

Anytime you have too many of one critter in the pasture things will get out of balance, what we have too many of is people. For decades we have used petroleum, chemicals, and machines to force mother nature to increase it's "carrying capacity" of people, my estimate is by a factor of 3X. If you put enough stress into a system it will bounce back like a spring, when that happens katy bar the door, look out.

I have had the good fortune to work with a lot of scientists over the years. I have found that some scientists are ethical but some are very willing to choose their data to support their opinion and race to publish the results (University professors can be some of the worst at doing this). I don't trust anyone anymore (even myself as my opinions can be wrong). The trouble with global warming or any natural event on a global scale is the fact that the data are so large and the system is not in steady state (it is constantly changing) and by the time the "full truth" is known we will all be long in the ground.

Latest posts

Back