These are some beautiful libraries - - top ten!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always makes me think of that "twilight Zone" show where the bookworm goes to the library, then breaks his glasses :( (I have lots of spares) :) My wife swears someday the house will collapse under the weight of my books :)

Nothing like the actual "printed word!" My library probably isn't nearly as large as yours, but I have around 300 books, from college textbooks to thrillerws to nonfiction, encyclopedia, etc. My daddy always said if you want a well rounded education, read the encyclopedia from A-Z....he had a point.

I love the written word. I have built up and lost too many libraries, so now I rely on electronic storage. When space became too expensive for the current life style (lost or reduced income), then books had to be sold off. A very kind member here did help me replace one of my lost collections, from an author I enjoyed and I am still grateful. I hope the PDF section will become a major source of information and a method for our members to continue to enjoy the written word.

I have a couple hundred books but used libraries most of my adult life to study especially ancient history and even religion.

I must say my tin hat got to spinning when I saw most of these libraries have the checker board type patterns on the floors.

Last edited:
I to love reading books. I have three large bookcases packed, most shelves two books deep. Am have probably that many more packed away in a huge closet we store stuff in. Plus more scattered thru my office and living room. They cover everything from college books, to history, medical, gardening, military, fiction, biographies, religion, and about everything inbetween. I also have a large collection on kindles and PDF formats. Many thumb drives worth.
Thanks for the links to this info.

Latest posts

Back