Things we Don't Understand, please share!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our Salesman who has been with us for several years strikes again. We can do "A", "B" or "C".

Salesman sales "D" We can't do "D". Can't you fudge it some how? Well we can combine parts of "B" and "C" and almost get "D", you'll let the customer and any future customers that "D" isn't quite what they will be expecting.

Monday Salesman sold "E". Yesterday customer called up complaining (who would have thought?). Customer had been told (by the Salesman) our product was identical to what they were buying from a different provider. Salesman is in panic mode because he can't shove the blame onto someone else. He's asking me if my department can do another fudge or pull a miracle so he can save face and save his commission. NOPE! He didn't like my answer so he heads to the Owner's office.

Last edited:
I don't understand the word changing from Oriental to Asian in this younger generation. ...

Hopefully I have remembered this correctly. Oldest daughter works for the Feds. Daughter told me this during the Obama administration so it may have change. Israel was not to be referred to as being in the middle east. Israel is in west Asia.

Our Salesman who has been with us for several years strikes again. We can do "A", "B" or "C".

Salesman sales "D" We can't do "D". Can't you fudge it some how? Well we can combine parts of "B" and "C" and almost get "D", you'll let the customer and any future customers that "D" isn't quite what they will be expecting.

Monday Salesman sold "E". Yesterday customer called up complaining (who would have thought?). Customer had been told (by the Salesman) our product was identical to what they were buying from a different provider. Salesman is in panic mode because he can't shove the blame onto someone else. He's asking me if my department can do another fudge or pull a miracle so he can save face and save his commission. NOPE! He didn't like my answer so he heads to the Owner's office.
I worked with a salesman like that.
He promised things he could not deliver and then wanted me to bail him out.
He tried to have me fired because he lied to a customer and I would not lie to cover for him. My boss stood up for me and told him no.
I was in the bosses office when the sale guy ask me to help him. The boss just looked at me, smiled and said pay back time.
It cost the guy his $30,000 commission. He was let go soon after.

Why the wife yells downstairs, "SUPPERS READY". I come up and nothing is on the kitchen table. She refuses my offer to help and I stand there twiddling my thumbs until supper is actually ready. When I ask her why did she say supper was ready when it wasn't, she gives me the "deer in the headlights" look.

We are sitting at the kitchen table when I ask the wife, "Why do we need three magazine racks in the kitchen?" She answers, "We don't have three!" I verbally count them out loud 1 2 3. She gives me the "deer in the headlights" look.

Wife now has two rows of stuff stacked between the garage wall and her car. She has me pull the car out of the garage so she can get in the passenger side. The one time I suggested she get rid of some of the stuff, She gives me the "deer in the headlights" look.

Last edited:
Why is it?
Somebody calls off wedding because he thinks we need more time.
But he calls on Valentine's day wanting to be friends again.
So not going down that road again.
He's called off the wedding twice.
Will not be taking any more calls from his sister either.
His brother in law is still bringing home my great grandmother's quilting frame the second week of March.
I served with him, and brother in law. More with the brother in law than him.
We were together 5 years before this last breakup.
Not over him by any means, but no more friends with benefits either.
Not even sure we can ever be friends anymore.
Idiot!

Why is it?
Somebody calls off wedding because he thinks we need more time.
But he calls on Valentine's day wanting to be friends again.
So not going down that road again.
He's called off the wedding twice.
Will not be taking any more calls from his sister either.
His brother in law is still bringing home my great grandmother's quilting frame the second week of March.
I served with him, and brother in law. More with the brother in law than him.
We were together 5 years before this last breakup.
Not over him by any means, but no more friends with benefits either.
Not even sure we can ever be friends anymore.
Idiot!
Mo, consider it a blessing. He knows something he hasn't shared with you. He knows there is something that is in his head that keeps him from making the full commitment.

...Somebody calls off wedding because he thinks we need more time...He's called off the wedding twice....

Pressured by someone else not to get married? So he's trying to please both parties and allows himself to get caught in the middle? Or a as you described, a idiot!

Wife talked about calling off our wedding after the announcements had been mailed. One of her former boy friends was pressuring her. And since she is a vivid nonconfrontational she goes whichever way life blows her.

Last edited:
Pressured by someone else not to get married? So he's trying to please both parties and allows himself to get caught in the middle? Or a as you described, a idiot!

Wife talked about calling off our wedding after the announcements had been mailed. One of her former boy friends was pressuring her. And since she is a vivid nonconfrontational she goes whichever way life blows her.
If I was to venture a guess I'd say his kids.
More specially his daughter.

It all makes sense! They would rather have him be single and to be able to maybe control him more that way. Sometimes, there is a no win in that. How well do you know her? What is she like?
Spoiled, only girl on both sides of family.
40 year difference between daughter and his sister.
Whom was the last girl.
Families run toward boys.
His sister was the first one in 45 years.
But his daughter has a 5 year old daughter.
And pg with her second child.
His two sons just want their dad happy.
They are not real thrilled with their sister right now.
I left each child a letter and put each letter in their secret special spot,
So she couldn't destroy them.
She is just like her mother and her mother's mother.
I served with her mother too.

For many years I have not understood the expectations society and a lot of women put on men for Valentine's Day. Just saying.
I don't expect anything. I usually don't give anything either.
Me, either! It is a Hallmark holiday, created for the sake of retail. SOOOOO many people are bought in, hook, line and sinker.

Well, hey Lazy L...you know her answer for everything! So don't complain!
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Get her chocolates and be sweet to her.
I bet you won't get a deer in headlights look.
I gave her a card. She's trying to lose weight so chocolates wouldn't be appropriate. I got a "oh" response.

Ya know, @The Lazy L , my NH used to do things like sneak up on me, watch me while I was working, then when I'd realize he was there, he'd pounce. Lol Or he'd swoop in on me while I was busy and kiss me on the neck (surprise).
Maybe your wife needs dreamy eyes over candlelight. Lol (better to be doe-eyed than deer in the headlights).
Hmm...come to think of it, he still does these things and it is a nice touch, a real crush, romance, affection. Almost all people in a relationship like, need or want that kind of physical activity.

I don't understand how a couple can live together as a couple and not have something like that between them. But thats just me, maybe there are lots of people who don't have that because they have forgotten to.

I use to give the wife flowers on Valentine's Day until she told me she didn't like flowers, so the next Valentine's Day I didn't give her any. She asked my why? You don't like them. But all of her girlfriends were bragging about the flowers their husbands and given them and she (my wife) couldn't reciprocate.

I use to give the wife flowers on Valentine's Day until she told me she didn't like flowers, so the next Valentine's Day I didn't give her any. She asked my why? You don't like them. But all of her girlfriends were bragging about the flowers their husbands and given them and she (my wife) couldn't reciprocate.
I prefer a potted plant myself. I have gotten pots of planted tulips, which then got planted in the yard, and years later, they are still there. I like that they have lasted this long.

Valentine day was my parents anniversary. I celebrate their many years together and the twelve children they raised successfully.
I learned a lot of things from them but the most important in my life are the unconditional love that my mother had and how important it was to the health of children.
I learned that the balance to that love is discipline. My dad taught me how discipline provides children with a sense of balance and trust that is important in life.
When raising my own children I had to balance my love for them with the discipline that they required. My wife was not "present" much of the time due to her addiction. It was up to me to provide both the love and discipline. Like my dad, I hated dispensing discipline but I tried to be fair, understanding and forgiving. After a spanking the child was left in their room until they were ready to rejoin the family. When they came out it was a new day - the infraction and discipline were in the past and not mentioned ever again.
I must have done something right as all of them, when they had kids of their own asked me to make a paddle for them. That paddle always hung on the living room wall unless it was in my hand.
When my second son reached the age that I felt he was too old to use it on him I destroyed it. He had done something very wrong and I needed to show him that he was old enough to provide self discipline and I stood in front of him, across his room, and violently broke that lexan (bullet proof plastic) paddle across my thigh holding it in both my hands. It "blew up" into shards and I stood for a moment and told him I was disappointed in him. I turned and walked away. He came to me later to tell me he was sorry and it would never happen again. He never disappointed me again - ever. He is a good man because he chose to be one. He did the work and I am proud of him as I am of all four of my kids.

I am extra nice to my wife as I remember the joy my parents shared - they never had a fight in all the years they were married. My current wife and I have not had our first fight either. I must have learned it from my folks.

I take my wife out to dinner for Valentines day. The day before actually so we don't have the crowds. Yesterday it was snowing and the wind was blowing so we stayed home.
I'll take her to dinner tonight.
I refuse to pay $8.99 for a card tho. A couple of years ago I bought her candy and a card and it was over $20. The candy was cheaper than the card.
I did get her a nice pair of winter leather gloves this year. Mostly because she would never spend that much on something for herself.

I took little boguets of flowers to meet oldest son's lady yesterday.
Daisy for his lady.
Lily, daisy, red rose for the youngest daughter.
White roses, pink tulips,, black eyed susan for the middle daughter.
Her son got a model car because I was informed boys don't get flowers.
He got a caranation white to be used for church if it lasts that long.
He seemed pleased.
Nailed it for everybody but youngest daughter. She wanted my Girl scout cookies.
She got one, when Estelle and I sat at the table to eat outs. But she didn't get any till she sat at the table.
Estelle sat on my lap quietly eating her cookie.
It was nice to meet my oldest son's lady.
Sent my daughter in law and youngest son, gift card for dinner and a movie date night.
Do I expect anything no.
But a little gesture of kindness goes a long way.
At least it does to me.
I got dozen yellow roses, girl scout cookies, Chinese dinner at home from sons and their ladies.

Taking 4 dozen roses to the local nursing home to give to the ladies and gentlemen who have no known family close by.
I'll give you a guess who I got roses from this morning.
This way somebody gets to enjoy the roses.
That's funny and a very nice thing for you to do.

I know a couple of guys that refer to their wives as their "current wife." I don't understand why but find it
:LOL:
When my wife is doing something irritating I often say, "My first wife used to do that." That tends to set her off. Her typical response is, "I am your first wife!" Most people look aghast when I say that and then want to laugh when my wife responds.

Latest posts

Back