Time Change....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrannyG

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
45413368_1938241199626202_2209097255963590656_n.jpg

I wish they would pick a time and stick on it! So tired of switching back and forth. Its stupid
I agree. So many people think we gained a hour. We did not. We just re-arranged them. On both ends of time changes, spring and fall, I observed how it affected young children and not in a good way. I am always messed up by it, much like people whose schedule keeps switching around.

The time change messes with me for at least a week both times. Just leave time alone, it's hard enough for me to sleep through the night as it is.

Spring is worse, fall is not real joy either: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29971599

"
Abstract
Very recently, the European Parliament, called to decide on possible abolition of the Daylight Saving Time (DST), approved a resolution calling the scientific community to conduct a more in-depth evaluation. The question is based on disruption of body's circadian rhythms. We review here the relationship between DST and cardiovascular health. The available evidence suggests the existence of an association between DST and a modest increase of occurrence of acute myocardial infarction, especially in the first week after the spring shift. Possible mechanisms include sleep deprivation, circadian misalignment and environmental conditions. The role of gender and individual preference in circadian rhythms (chronotype) will need further assessment."

Last edited:
My kids' sleep schedules would start changing on their own from 4 to 6 weeks before time change. They'd either start staying up later in the spring or going to bed earlier in the early fall on a consistent basis. They weren't exactly free range but were too energetic too late or too tired too early. The waking up part shifted but not as much.
I'm one of the few that enjoys the chaos of time change.

Things that I don't like about setting the clocks back.
1 It's pitch black by 5:30.
2 My wife hates it and complains to me, like I can do something about it.
3 I was hungry at 5 and supper was still an hour away.
4 I have to make sure to make a lot of noise when I go out the back door so all the critters know I'm coming. I do not want to surprise a skunk at close range.
5 I will be wide awake at 3 AM instead of 4 AM.
6 I'm ready to go to bed at 8 but I know I will just lay awake for an extra hour.
I'm sure there are more but that's it for now.:)

Feeding the pups isn't something we need to worry about with the time change. They have an automatic feeder. We just make sure its full lol
Both hubby and I looked and felt tired when we got up this morning even though we had 8 actual hours of sleep. I can't figure out why that would be. We both slept well and deeply.

Someone put this up on facebook. made me laugh out loud :LOL:

View attachment 9699

That is exactly how I felt last night.
My stomach did not fall back 1 hour.

I'm confused. By what statute are the Feds claim jurisdiction of a State time?

The Feds think they are all powerful and do as they damn well please.
Just to spite them I think I will leave one of my clocks on standard time. :p

Actually DST was approved nationally by congress in 1966 and states have to request an exemption from the law.

Another useless fact.
Germany was the first country to make the switch on April 30, 1916 and around 40% of the world change their clocks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

...Actually DST was approved nationally by congress in 1966 and states have to request an exemption from the law...

Uniform Time Act of 1966

The law does not necessarily require that all states observe DST. Individual states may exempt themselves from DST and observe standard time year-round by passing a state law, provided:
  • if the state lies entirely within a time zone, that the exemption apply statewide, or
  • if the state is divided by a time zone boundary, that the exemption apply statewide or to the entire part of the state on one side of the boundary.

I won't even go into the mental fatigue from figuring out how to reset the clock in car:(

I never bother to set it in the first place lol
I also don't set the time on my stove or the microwave or the toaster oven lol

I'm a rebel I tell ya!! :lil guy:

Back