Today’s Primary Reason For Your Preparedness

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your Primary Reason For Your Preparedness?

• Economic hard time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Natural Disasters & Serve Weather

• Self Sufficient Lifestyle

• EMP, CME, or similar

• Total voters

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
We missed their poll, so let's do our own!

https://modernsurvivalblog.com/current-events/primary-motivation-for-preparedness/

Today’s Primary Reason For Your Preparedness
by Ken Jorgustin | Updated Oct 7, 2019 | Current Events | 69 comments

primary-preparedness-motivation.jpg

A quick POLL.

What is your current PRIMARY reason for your preparedness?

Even if you began your preparedness because of another reason, I’m curious about TODAY’S motivation.

Percentage Motivated to Prep due to Today’s Political Climate?
More specifically, I’m curious to discover the present-day percentage of people who are primarily motivated due to today’s political climate versus any other reason.

Whenever I post an article which touches (directly or indirectly) upon today’s political divisiveness, it tends to get real heated. That’s no surprise given today’s political climate (which is putting it mildly).

So I’m especially interested to see if this has also become a primary motivating factor for prepping/preparedness (or not).

In the comments below, if your current primary motivation has to do with today’s “great divide” / political climate, then let us know. Elaborate if you wish.

If that’s not your primary motivator today, then feel free to list what it is.

I’ll run the numbers after the comments settle down and list them here in the article – along with some commentary.

UPDATE: POLL RESULTS
From those comments which specified a PRIMARY motivator for current-day preparedness, the results of the POLL are as follows:

25% General Preparedness (for “anything”, not specific)
22% Economic Hard Times (a collapsing economy)
22% Political Climate (divided, social breakdown, country failing)
8% Severe Weather Events (being the most likely to occur)
6% Lifestyle (general desire towards self-sufficiency)
3% EMP/CME (major power grid down, infrastructure)

14% Other reasons which varied

My takeaway:
There are fewer people than I thought, who are concerned (as a preparedness priority) about the current highly dramatized political division within this country.

It may seem like the situation is a huge deal, but evidently it really isn’t (comparatively). It’s an emotional issue which people are rooted and passionate about, the “great divide” and political divisiveness. But it doesn’t reach a high threshold for most (as far as being specifically prepared for what may come in that regard).

So, about 1 in 5 are concerned enough to make it a primary motivator. Though 4 out of 5 are motivated by other potential disruptors.

Interesting…

My State has more active volcanoes than the rest if the United States combined. The same can be said with earthquakes. These weren't on the list but that doesn't matter. I could have checked all the boxes so the first seemed appropriate. I prepare for the worst case, not because I worry about the worst case but because then I'm ready for whatever happens. If I prepare for a 24 hour power outage and the economy collapses then I've got a problem. If I prepare for economic collapse and the power goes out for a day I will hardly notice it.

I will change weather to natural disasters. So that should cover volcanoes and tornadoes.
Appropriate but that won't change my vote. I'm an all the above because I know that bad things happen. If we look around the world all the above and more happen on regular basis. I don't have a clue as to which ones I will be involved in. I don't wear a seat belt because I think I'll be in a wreck but because I know I'm not immune. I'd change my vote for an all the above and more box. It's fine as it stands. The main point is to make us think about why we prep and it has accomplished that.

I reduce this even further. A person either assumes 100% responsibility for their survival and the survival of those loved ones who require their protection.

Or to some degree expect that someone else is responsible. Be that their government, Red Cross, Church, neighbor, etc..

The main reason I prep is that it is clear that America is being willfully aggressively destroyed, and that destruction will be horrific beyond our current comprehension. Our own government is committed to the total destruction of America, and the rest of the world is either covertly helping, or gleefully snickering.

it boils down to this...as long as you are alive..daily you need...food,water,shelter and security....it gets shuffled as each individual need is more important for that hour or day you are living.what these 4 categories look like for each of us will be different in our individual areas and individual events that are happening.

I checked 'other' because I don't know what a CME is and nothing else sounded close to nuclear attack.
We have survived everything else.

Yep, CME will shut the power grid down permanently if those in control don't shut it down temporarily. It won't hurt your electronics but without power to run them they aren't much good.
The solar flares and CME won't hurt your solar power or wind mills unless they are connected to the grid during the storm and even then there is only a small chance that they will be affected.
To be informed you should check the solar weather daily - you will get a minimum of 36 hours advance notice.

i figure a natural. emp and a man made emp aint very likely right now..but i still went with all above..seeing how it's possible for anything to happen.including the power grid failing on it's own..

The most likely international threat right now is a High altitude EMP.

Latest posts

Back