Tombstone

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
One of my all time favorite movies , of all time, ever, in the whole wide world , to the moon and back,

Yeah I like it...:cool::D

So much so, that I have several tee shirts that say
upload_2018-5-31_16-35-29.jpeg

Yep, I just grabbed a fresh tee from closet today" Im Your Huckleberry"

So , let me tel ya about today...
Wife and I went to Ft Campbell today ....just messin around,
Rain , off and on, so no mowing today.

We were driving down Ft Campbell Blvd , it's a little after lunch time, wife see's
this little hole in the wall, called Chicago Beef CB, cool, we whip around ,
go inside, walk up to the counter, and six gals , age late 20s to mid 30s are waiting for us with lots of smiles,

One gal laughs and says" I'm your Bukleberry"
Couple of the gals say "Dummie" it says "I'm Your Huckleberry", and its cool.

I said .."Who knows where that comes from"..one gal says "That boy on the river that fishes and paints fences" (BTW, my wife is trying to not laugh out loud)

I said , good for you, but thats the wrong Huck,

I explained to them...where and how that saying came about from Doc Holiday, in the movie Tombstone,
they were all gathered around in a circle listening to the whole Wyatt Earp, Doc Holiday , Johnny Ringo story....they loved it...:D

Thank God no one was behind us...

Exciting time, while we also had a Chicago style Italian Beef .

Now if you don't know where "I'm Your Huckleberry " came from...get the movie Tombstone,
Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer.

What is your favorite western, Besides Outlaw Josie Wales..??:horseback::popcorn:

Jim

I know he's a liberal, but I like The Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp.
That's a new favorite.
Is Hidalgo considered a western? I like that too.
Not too many other westerns in my cabinet. Holes?
I guess you guys don't like Shia LeBeouf either. :LOL:

What is your favorite western, Besides Outlaw Josie Wales..??:horseback::popcorn:
Can you only have one?

If so then it would have to be Sons of Katie Elder

If not.....

McClintock
Conagher
The Sackets
Quigley down under
True Grit (the original)
Open Range
The Mountain Men (Brian Keith and Charelton Heston)

If it has John Wayne, Sam Elliot or Tom Sellek it will probably be good.

Last edited:
Every time somebody comes to visit us, it is a mandatory trip to Tombstone. Tombstone Tactical also has the best firearm prices in Arizona. Quigley down under and Just about any John Wayne movie, except Mcclintock. I did like Big Jake a bunch. Hondo was another favorite with John Wayne.

All the old ones, Scott, Wayne, Cooper, Stewart,Landcaster, Dougles, Ford, Holden, Murphy, Ladd, Cleef, Mitchum, Bronson & 100 more.
I would not know without cable.

Tombstone? Also 1 of my favorites. I have always said Val Kilmer was robbed. He should have, at least, got an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Doc Holliday! John Wayne western, The Searchers.

Gary

Tombstone? Also 1 of my favorites. I have always said Val Kilmer was robbed. He should have, at least, got an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Doc Holliday! John Wayne western, The Searchers.

Gary

Val also turned into Jim Morrison in the movie ' The Doors'.

Latest posts

Back