Top 7 Weird Dreams and What Do They Mean

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tornado dreams all the time. I had them again a couple nights ago. They aren't scary at all. I (for some odd reason) love storms and don't fear tornadoes. I love the smell in the air, the stillness, the darkness of the clouds, and the first drops of water falling from the sky just before a storm. Of coarse, I've never been in a tornado or even seen one close up. During the dream, there were several tonadoes in our vacinity. I was in awe of them but had no feeling of danger. I was telling the people around me that this was awesome and was my idea of a great vacation.......to chase tornadoes. They thought I was crazy. There was no human destruction going on in the dream....just rural vacant land.

I also had a much different dream. It was about AI. I rarely think about AI, so I don't know where this came from. I dreamt that the cabal were gathering facial recognition from the population. Then they had small flying orbs like the size of a softball (think Star Wars when Luke was practicing with the light saber) where they could release them and they would find the person (target) and then eliminate the target. It wasn't exactly clear how the target was eliminated. After a while the cabal got over confident and they just programmed the orbs to kill all humans, thinking they could turn them off whenever they wanted to. It turned out that they couldn't. It led to human extermination on Earth.

I had taken tylenol PM and Magnesium when I had both of those dreams.

My dreams are very predictable . I am very much afraid of flying or driving over scary bridges. So when I am really stressed I dream of plane crashes or falling off a scary bridge. So far I haven't crashed for real, so they are not predictions since I have flown across the Atlantic a gazzilion times and so far always survived and I have driven over a ton of scary bridges also and never crashed
Occasionally I have a car crash dream or a disease dream but not too often
I NEVER ever have a good dream. Or maybe I do and don't remember. Does anyone ever have good dreams?

My dreams are very predictable . I am very much afraid of flying or driving over scary bridges. So when I am really stressed I dream of plane crashes or falling off a scary bridge. So far I haven't crashed for real, so they are not predictions since I have flown across the Atlantic a gazzilion times and so far always survived and I have driven over a ton of scary bridges also and never crashed
Occasionally I have a car crash dream or a disease dream but not too often
I NEVER ever have a good dream. Or maybe I do and don't remember. Does anyone ever have good dreams?
Flying in a dream is usually a good omen. Sometimes knowing that can help it not bother you so much :cool:

I have a dream book at the house. I will try to remember to look these up when I get home. Sometimes something that seems troublesome or scary in a dream is a good omen and something that seems nonthreatening is a warning.

Flying in a dream is usually a good omen. Sometimes knowing that can help it not bother you so much :cool:

I have a dream book at the house. I will try to remember to look these up when I get home. Sometimes something that seems troublesome or scary in a dream is a good omen and something that seems nonthreatening is a warning.

I am not "flying" in the dream but crashing....NO not a good thing
Sometimes I am even on the ground watching the plane crash, sometimes in building and the plane is crashing into it
I am pretty sure my dreams are caused exactly by what they are , can tell when I have booked plane tickets. The closer I get to the flying date, the more scary plane dreams I have . Plan on flying to Germany next year, I am sure as soon as I actually get the tickets they will start up again . It's amazing I have the nerve to fly anywhere at all....

Oh my gosh, YES.....all the time. That must really suck to go to sleep knowing it won't be a good experience. Sometimes I try to sleep longer when I'm in the middle of a great dream. Most of my dreams are either good or indifferent. I rarely have uncomfortable or bad dreams. When I do, I usually remember them, like the AI dream above.

ETA: The OP offers some explanations about flying and falling.

Last edited:
So... What does it mean when you're stuck hanging naked head down from the ceiling with hoses stuck in every hole while a naked, furry cat woman smears green grease all over my chest and keeps purring:
"Soon my beloved, soon..."
And then I sleep for three days?

So... What does it mean when you're stuck hanging naked head down from the ceiling with hoses stuck in every hole while a naked, furry cat woman smears green grease all over my chest and keeps purring:
It means you shouldn’t eat whatever it was before going sleep.

I don't like to dream. My dreams give Stephen King ideas.
I'm fortunate that I only have 'frustration' dreams instead of nightmares today.
I am back at work and can't find one part that I need to complete a repair.
Or,
I am building something and can't get it together :(.
Far better than the old nightmares, my brain can be very creative in creating a totally realistic, terrifying world.

Sounds like maybe 2 or 3 times too much to drink

I have tornado dreams all the time. I had them again a couple nights ago. They aren't scary at all. I (for some odd reason) love storms and don't fear tornadoes. I love the smell in the air, the stillness, the darkness of the clouds, and the first drops of water falling from the sky just before a storm. Of coarse, I've never been in a tornado or even seen one close up. During the dream, there were several tonadoes in our vacinity. I was in awe of them but had no feeling of danger. I was telling the people around me that this was awesome and was my idea of a great vacation.......to chase tornadoes. They thought I was crazy. There was no human destruction going on in the dream....just rural vacant land.

I also had a much different dream. It was about AI. I rarely think about AI, so I don't know where this came from. I dreamt that the cabal were gathering facial recognition from the population. Then they had small flying orbs like the size of a softball (think Star Wars when Luke was practicing with the light saber) where they could release them and they would find the person (target) and then eliminate the target. It wasn't exactly clear how the target was eliminated. After a while the cabal got over confident and they just programmed the orbs to kill all humans, thinking they could turn them off whenever they wanted to. It turned out that they couldn't. It led to human extermination on Earth.

I had taken tylenol PM and Magnesium when I had both of those dreams.
So tornado 🌪️ isn’t in my dream book 🤨 so I looked up storm: storms are obstacle dreams and portend a season of discontent from which you will only recover when you realize that you are the master of your own fate.
AI wasn’t a thing when this book was made and I don’t know what else might apply. I looked up killing, but you didn’t actually see them being killed so????

Thanks LL, that's interesting. Yeah, my tornado dreams are actually good dreams for me. I know that sounds weird, but for some odd reason I have an affinity for twisters. The dreams are more of an adventure than anything else b/c they never hurt me or anyone in my dreams, so I rather enjoy them. I really would like to go on a storm chasing vacation, if nothing else just to smell the air. I might have to visit Amish in Kansas.;)

A recurring dream of mine is that I'm still in high school and I haven't studied for my test with on old teacher of mine who didn't really like to teach and didn't care much about what students did or the grades she gave. It was a history class of some sort. I keep going to class unprepared and she never gives the test. I put off studying for weeks and weeks, never even cracking the book. I'm always on edge wondering when she's going to hand out the test! LOL! It's completely counterintuitive to how I handled things in school. I was always studying and reading and got good grades. I've had that dream for many years. I also sometimes dream that I forgot my high school locker combo too. Ack! I wish I could get out of my high school dreams!

I have discovered a cool way to extract myself from terrible nightmares (once I realize that it is not reality).
Just one tiny detail that is illogical can tip me off. (like the inside of a building is bigger than the outside).
When you have watched some guy chop the arms off of other people with a big sword and he turns to you, having an exit is priceless!:oops:
It's actually simple.
I move my arms as far to the right as I can, then sling them to the left as fast as I can, spinning myself around.
I wake up 'tossing & turning' in the bed, completely safe.:)

I have discovered a cool way to extract myself from terrible nightmares (once I realize that it is not reality).
Just one tiny detail that is illogical can tip me off. (like the inside of a building is bigger than the outside).
When you have watched some guy chop the arms off of other people with a big sword and he turns to you, having an exit is priceless!:oops:
It's actually simple.
I move my arms as far to the right as I can, then sling them to the left as fast as I can, spinning myself around.
I wake up 'tossing & turning' in the bed, completely safe.:)
Yah but...

I generally find myself in a maze with no way out.

Ben

Yah but...

Ben
That's not a nightmare but a bad dream. The illogical part is the give-away.
Try giving yourself a spin to escape.
It works. :thumbs:

Yah but...

Ben
Looked it up: an obstacle dream. If you found your way out and were not worried, you can expect to solve your problems with minimal effort. If you’re lost or frightened, you can expect to be frustrated by some puzzling opposition and a change of direction might be advisable.
BTW: it sent me from maze to labyrinth

Thanks LL, that's interesting. Yeah, my tornado dreams are actually good dreams for me. I know that sounds weird, but for some odd reason I have an affinity for twisters. The dreams are more of an adventure than anything else b/c they never hurt me or anyone in my dreams, so I rather enjoy them. I really would like to go on a storm chasing vacation, if nothing else just to smell the air. I might have to visit Amish in Kansas.;)

A recurring dream of mine is that I'm still in high school and I haven't studied for my test with on old teacher of mine who didn't really like to teach and didn't care much about what students did or the grades she gave. It was a history class of some sort. I keep going to class unprepared and she never gives the test. I put off studying for weeks and weeks, never even cracking the book. I'm always on edge wondering when she's going to hand out the test! LOL! It's completely counterintuitive to how I handled things in school. I was always studying and reading and got good grades. I've had that dream for many years. I also sometimes dream that I forgot my high school locker combo too. Ack! I wish I could get out of my high school dreams!
Not sure what to look up for that one. I tried procrastinating and unprepared and neither were in the book.

Try finding your hands your dreams, see if it enables you to have more control over the dream. Did it once, almost twice. 😂
I don't dream about my deceased family members in particular but they, only one most of the time, are usually in the dreams nearby, quiet.
One bad dream I had many years ago...was still living back east. An area across the highway had a stream and it had flooded. My oldest daughter was with me and we were driving along when we realized the fields and roads had flooded. The outcome for her was not good. There was nothing I could do. I have never shared that with anyone.
People I work with say they have dreams about work all the time. LOL

I keep on dreaming about apocalyptic crap, odd thing. it used to be something going wrong on the sun, I'd have a dream every couple of weeks, then, right to the day, when I found video of the sun doing odd crap, they just quit, and I have yet to have another one!

I still dream about mega-earthquakes and this crazy place where all the signs are in symbols and everybody has mild radiation sickness. that and showing up somewhere without pants and nobody caring. LOL

Latest posts

Back