Tragedy at the Shire

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
Last week. Some dumba$$ in a 4 wheeler hit my Dog SAM. Sam ran off into the woods and I found him 2 days latter with a busted leg and internal injuries
Touch and go at the vets. Finally got him stable and had to take off his left front leg.
I am picking up my boy in a couple of hours.
looks like beans and rice for a couple of months or maybe we can switch up and have rice and beans
20191014_174245.jpg

Oh God. I'm so sorry. Dogs are amazing animals. I hope Sam pulls through OK.

Sam looks like a great dog. So glad that you found him. Hoping he makes a complete recovery.

We had a dog who got hit and we couldn't find her for a couple days either. We were very concerned. We opened the gate and she ran out into the street, got hit, and took off. We searched and searched, and one day she showed back up.

Is your dog's name really Sam?
He's so cute. His tail is wagging so fast while you're taking the photo ya can't even tell he has one.
I hope he'll be happy to get back home to the Shire.
Long road for you two.

Actually his name is SAM SAM.. I dunno why Thats just what he was called

His mommas name is Biscuit. I found her abandoned on the side of the raod and gave here some water. she just moved in after that

Biscuit the day I found her
DSCN4941.JPG

Did Biscuit get any bigger than she is in this photo? She looks like a puppy here.
Edited to add: I see she looks like a big dog here.

Yes biscuit is bigger
Here is a story about Biscuit
I opened the front door and biscuit is munching on a smoked chicken, LOL
Where did she get it? I live rural. closest neighbor is a 1/4 mile away.
So I ASSUME she done stole Melvins Chicken off the smoker. About a month later I am talking to Melvins brother.. I tell him that i am concerned Melvin is mad because of the Chicken. His brother said he would find out.
I am told that melvin is not missing any smoked chicken. OK GOOD
NOW. Where in the hell did that dog get a smoked chicken at?

BIL THINKS, we may have someone living in the woods??????

I have close to 1000 acrs as my back yard. all national forest land

It is a baldwin, my wife plays she use to be the piano player at the church

it cost me a piano to buy a harley lol
Hey buddy. No beans and rice for you. You got my number. Give me a holler and I'll stock up your fridge. You know I'm serious too!
'preciate the offer , It means a lot, but I must decline.

Back