Training logs

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Justin76, Jan 19, 2018.

Help Support Homesteading Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. Aug 8, 2019 #331

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Awesome Friend Neighbor HCL Supporter

10.8 miles in 45 minutes, average speed of 14.4 mph. That's a new personal best and first 10+ mile ride of 14mph or better! It burned, but accomplishment feels good!

Patchouli, angie_nrs, Meerkat and 2 others like this.
  2. Aug 9, 2019 #332

BlueZ

BlueZ

BlueZ

Today did my 3rd run for the week added to 2 iron pumps this was 5 workouts for the week. Tommorrow I will squeeze in an iron pump before i jump on the plane.... I am sure of it.. next week travel so minimal opportunity for exercise.. hence the surge this week.

angie_nrs, Meerkat and Spikedriver like this.
  3. Aug 9, 2019 #333

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

No ride today. Well, I got my bike carrier installed on my Equinox and took the bike up to my parents place for a visit. I rode a half mile to my brother's acreage and back, but that doesn't really count...;)

Meerkat, BlueZ and Bacpacker like this.
  4. Aug 11, 2019 #334

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

I rode the west end of Central Iowa's High Trestle Trail today. From the trailhead at Woodward to Highway 17 at Madrid is 5.65 miles and I did it in 20 minutes flat for an average speed of 16.95 mph! There were very few users on the trail and it's an old railroad tracks so there's no steep hills to slow you down.

On the way back I stopped to take some pictures. This trail is a real gem, including a 2/3 mile long bridge over 100 ft high.

View south from the bridge: KIMG0475.JPG

View from East to West on the bridge: KIMG0478.JPG

View northward of the Des Moines river valley: KIMG0475.JPG

And one of the trail heading west from the bridge to the trailhead at Woodward... KIMG0482.JPG

At the trailhead there is a bar with an outdoor patio. It is called the Whistlin' Donkey and they have $3.25 longneck bottles there. I do believe I'll stop in!;)

Edit: not sure why some of the pics didn't post right, but oh well. The thumbnail at the bottom is the view to the northward...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Meerkat, Patchouli and Bacpacker like this.
  5. Aug 13, 2019 #335

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

I took my bike to Wisconsin with me, thinking I would ride after work. Yeah, right...this little town I'm staying in is like a miniature San Francisco. You can't go more than a block without hitting a six degree grade. I couldn't even get up a couple of them. Lol I had to turn back and find another way. Looks like I need to find a different form of exercise...

Meerkat, angie_nrs and Patchouli like this.
  6. Aug 13, 2019 #336

angie_nrs

angie_nrs

angie_nrs

I'm done with P90X! I highly doubt I will do that whole series again. I can see a difference in my forearms and legs, but that's about it. I don't diet, and I know that you can't out exercise a poor diet. There's been too much pizza, beer, and ice cream this summer.:confused: I didn't lose any weight, but didn't gain either. It's just a LOT of work and long workouts for 3 months.

I'm looking forward to doing something different! Yesterday I did a cardio coach w/o on the elliptical and logged just over 5 miles. Today was a step workout. I have certainly lost some cardio stamina over the past 3 months. I'm just going to wing it for the next few weeks and then figure out a plan after Labor Day. I got a treadmill at a yard sale with ifit workouts so I'm eager to try that out. I might see if I can set a mileage goal for the week between the TM and the EXT and maybe see how that goes. I gotta figure out how to use the TM controls now with the ifit workouts.

Meerkat and Spikedriver like this.
  7. Aug 16, 2019 #337

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

3.75 miles after work today. Biking in an unfamiliar town kind of sucks because I don't know where the streets go or where the bad hills are, but I probably got 100 or 200 calories burned...

Meerkat and Patchouli like this.
  8. Aug 21, 2019 at 11:55 AM #338

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Got home from Wisconsin at 1AM last nite. Got up at 9AM and headed out on the bike. 6.93 miles in 31 minutes, 13.4 mph. Feels good to get back into it.

Meerkat likes this.
  9. Aug 21, 2019 at 12:01 PM #339

Meerkat

Meerkat

Meerkat

I liked riding my bike and on dirt roads it is a workout. But some people let their dogs run loose and after a run in with a couple pits last time just one but that did it for my biking.
    I really like riding on the beach.
    Congrates to you guys for keeping up the workouts.

10. Aug 21, 2019 at 12:20 PM #340

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

A squirt bottle with 50/50 ammonia/water tends to discourage dogs in a hurry. Mace/pepper spray takes care of them. As a last resort, concealed carry. You've every right to defend yourself from a hostile animal on a public road...

11. Aug 22, 2019 at 4:01 PM #341

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Approximately 5.6 miles today, at low intensity. Took my daughter on the bike trail and we rode just to spend time together on her last day before 8th grade starts. Might get a harder ride tonight if there's time before dark...

12. Aug 22, 2019 at 8:29 PM #342

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

7.84 miles in 33 minutes, 14.25 mph. Together with the leisurely ride earlier today, that's about 13.4 or 13.5 miles for today...