Training logs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a little resistance band work at home. The weather is gorgeous, so I then went for a 1.3 mile walk/jog. That was plenty considering my hamstrings are still complaining at me. But I (slowly) jogged enough to get my heart rate up near 150 so it was good enough for now. I didn't exercise at all in Wyoming so I didn't want to push it my first day back...

Short walk yesterday, but today was the longest walk yet, plus picked up fallen and broken trees and tree limbs out of trail from storm a few days ago, rven cut a few vines with hubby pocket knife.
Of coures there is always xooking and cleaning too but I seldom count that.

Tricep extension x3
Concentration curls x3
Tricep pushdown x3
Preacher curl machine x3

30 minutes on the treadmill, including my first 10 minute mile since I started doing cardio. Total distance just under 2.5 miles, and about 425 calories burned...

Oh, BTW - my scale read 220.8 today. I haven't been under 220 pounds since 2011 or 12. I'm so close I can taste it...

Last edited:
Tricep extension x3
Concentration curls x3
Tricep pushdown x3
Preacher curl machine x3

30 minutes on the treadmill, including my first 10 minute mile since I started doing cardio. Total distance just under 2.5 miles, and about 425 calories burned...

Oh, BTW - my scale read 220.8 today. I haven't been under 220 pounds since 2011 or 12. I'm so close I can taste it...

Good for you Spike!:thumbs:

I'm having to slow down some now but still going for a alk in a fewminutes. It wil be slow and short.

You're doing great, @Meerkat for what you've been through lately.

Yes, 29 every year gets old so I started reverse aging.
I went for a brief walk Tuesday night with dog and one of my girls. Might have seen an armadillo. Went for a short walk on Sunday too. Hey at least I moved.

You're doing great, @Meerkat for what you've been through lately.

Yes, 29 every year gets old so I started reverse aging.
I went for a brief walk Tuesday night with dog and one of my girls. Might have seen an armadillo. Went for a short walk on Sunday too. Hey at least I moved.

:great: ya;; help me to get up and move ,especially when I don't want to.:Thankyou:

I think the cardio is probably far more important for you. My Pops had a heart attack at age 47. He started doing cardio afterward, but little to no weights. Around age 60 he added very light (3, 5, and 10 pounds) dumbbells to his exercise, and he always does stretches. He turns 85 next month and is still standing straight with full mobility, and still walks 4-5 times a week.

If you haven't already, I'd talk to the doc about weight training so soon after a stroke. I'm not an expert though, and you know your own body better than anyone else, including the doc. You sound like you're on the right track to me...

Spike you were right,guess [ had the heart attack you warned me of] I should make an appointment with you next time insteadof the doctor.:DJust kidding. They saved my life. :cool:

Cut 20 seconds of my mile time - 1 mile in 9:40. But my hamstrings are complaining at me again, so I guess I need to back off a bit. Still, this middle aged fat guy is making progress.

And I broke 220 on the scale this morning, finally! 219.6 - got to see if I can keep it going...

I recommend the "cotton eyed Joe" or the "ten step". :)

Hi SheepD, glad to see you here with us workout people.:welcome::thumbs:.

Ten Step? Thats a new one for me. I'd have to lean it. I ddi a little Fox Trop and Cha Cha yesterday. Plus a little bit of whatever I thought I was doing. :)

Cotton Eyed Joe is a little fast paced for me at the time, So I'll do this one for now.

Not in the mood this morning but will push myself into it.

Did the walk and feel better now. Not as far but still got up heart rate so thats good.

Last edited:
24 minutes on the treadmill, including 11 minutes of jogging. The 6000 foot altitude here in Colorado is hard on a flatlander like me. I thought I was going to throw up from the running...

Spike, did I say something you didn't like?

Ok, back in business...

Tricep extension machine x3
Hammer curls x3
Tricep pushdown x3
Preacher curl machine x3
Skullcrushers x2
Close-grip incline bench press x2

26 minutes cardio

Pulled my hamstring, again...I think it might be pretty serious this time. No matter how much I stretch it, the damn thing always tightens up...

Back