Training logs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With much ibuprofen, Icy Hot, and a compression wrap in place, I went to the gym. Did lat pulldowns and seated rows, and spent 12 minutes on the elliptical testing my leg, slowly and gently. It seemed to handle the motion ok as long as I went slowly and didn't push with it.

@SheepDog can you demonstrate the 10 step with video please :ghostly:
@Meerkat Good for you for staying active. I sure admire you're will power. You've had some hurdles and are just awesome.
@Spikedriver Congrats on dropping below the 220 mark. I know weight loss when diabetic is tricky. What's your goal weight? Also, you reminded me. I grew up in Poedink, OR that was pretty high. Loved it in HS since most of our away games were lower in altitude than us. Kinda forgot about that.
Sunday skied until about 1ish. Had new boots and one toe was hurting like crazy or would have kept going. Go pick them up tomorrow from ski shop being adjusted, but now it's warm on the mountain so don't know how much more skiing we'll do this year. Other than that this week, I began pulling apart pallets at work and some digging in the garden here at home as far as "exerting" myself. It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, but maybe Sunday I will pull my bike out.

@Meerkat Good for you for staying active. I sure admire you're will power. You've had some hurdles and are just awesome.
@Spikedriver Congrats on dropping below the 220 mark. I know weight loss when diabetic is tricky. What's your goal weight? Also, you reminded me. I grew up in Poedink, OR that was pretty high. Loved it in HS since most of our away games were lower in altitude than us. Kinda forgot about that.
Sunday skied until about 1ish. Had new boots and one toe was hurting like crazy or would have kept going. Go pick them up tomorrow from ski shop being adjusted, but now it's warm on the mountain so don't know how much more skiing we'll do this year. Other than that this week, I began pulling apart pallets at work and some digging in the garden here at home as far as "exerting" myself. It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, but maybe Sunday I will pull my bike out.
Honestly, my overall goal is to reach 175 lbs. My weight fluctuated between that and 220 from 1991 to 2006. After my kid was born I dropped from 220 to 170 from eating less. Then after my marriage fell apart, and I started working on the road, I packed on weight from 190 to 250. When I hit 250 I realized enough was enough. So I decided to lose 10% of it, or 25 lbs. Mission accomplished. Next up is reaching 210 lbs. After that is 195, which is more or less my college weight. Then 175 is the final goal.

If I only get down to 195, that will be a healthy weight for me at my age. I know from experience I'll still have my love handles, but from a health standpoint I'll be happy with it...

PS @Spikedriver not now - rest your leg, but might look at ballet stretches. They actually have football players do them because they get muscle bound and get injured unless they can bend/stretch. Anyhoo, an idea for future reference.
Above didn't go through last night and post gaah Way to go on the weight loss!! We'll be rootin' for ya.

I haven't done ballet stretches, but I do have a daily stretch routine for my legs that incorporates calves, hamstrings, quads, and abductors. Each muscle is stretched 3 times, for 20-25 seconds each time, and this is done 2-3 times daily...

I can dance the 10 step but it is all muscle memory. If I try to slow it down to show the steps it doesn't work.
Here it is slowed down in a demonstration.

PS @Spikedriver not now - rest your leg, but might look at ballet stretches. They actually have football players do them because they get muscle bound and get injured unless they can bend/stretch. Anyhoo, an idea for future reference.
Above didn't go through last night and post gaah Way to go on the weight loss!! We'll be rootin' for ya.

LadyL I've been doing soem balance exercises and they work quick. I think they are a little bit like ballet in some ways. Amazing how much my balance has improved. I can stand for awhirl on one foot where before I kept falling over. Kinda liek The Katati Kid:cool::D

:Thankyou::huggs:I et doen but exercise makes me feel better. I'm still mad at myself for the procedure but dealing with it better.

Still mostly dancing,walking and stretches.

I dance to the positive songs like this just nto at their pace.:lil guy:Or some old ones of all kinds of music.
Excuse the one curse word in the song, its not real bad,

Last edited:
I can dance the 10 step but it is all muscle memory. If I try to slow it down to show the steps it doesn't work.
Here it is slowed down in a demonstration.

That looks like fun SheepD butour living room ain't big enough for that one.
I can only do a few stpes of the waltz so seldom even try.

I do need to practice in case May is not under threat of virus. Have to go to grandaughter number 4 wedding.

During the ten count steps you don't move at all. The four two steps can be done forward, back, or in place. I used to practice going backwards just to kick it up a notch on the dance floor. You can also twirl or spin on the two steps and during the "stomp" in the ten steps. You will get bored with the dance if you don't spice it up a bit.
You can also trade out the intervening two steps with two four count vine steps. I have even used standard march steps to cover more ground in place of the two steps. Be creative and enjoy a bit of diversity!

Ok Imay try to do the `10 step along with whateve else gets the blood flowing. Time to tuen up the voluum and get busy.
@SheepDog , My crow Pretty Bird is getting bossy I think he is spoiled .I hope I'm not killing him with soda crackers and bread. Hubby is not about to give up his meat to Pretty Bird.🦅

Not the meat but the fat trimmed off the meat. Crows are omnivorous and will eat just about anything. Bread is like chocolate to us - not bad in small quantities but can be a problem if there is too much. Soda crackers are loaded with salt - I would be careful with those. Make sure that bird remembers how to feed itself too. Set one day aside for free stuff and let him forage the rest of the week. Unsalted nuts and seeds, meat trimmings, and a variety of foods will be best for him/her.

Not the meat but the fat trimmed off the meat. Crows are omnivorous and will eat just about anything. Bread is like chocolate to us - not bad in small quantities but can be a problem if there is too much. Soda crackers are loaded with salt - I would be careful with those. Make sure that bird remembers how to feed itself too. Set one day aside for free stuff and let him forage the rest of the week. Unsalted nuts and seeds, meat trimmings, and a variety of foods will be best for him/her.

I thought so. But he is addicted to the bread and loves to parade around in front of the chickens with his crackr in his beak. Ofcourse only when they are inside their pen.
I'll see if I can find him something else and not feed him for a day .

The riding mower has a flat (which is at the tire shop.) So I mowed the back portion of the yard with the little push mower. I also got two flower beds cleaned out, dug, pulled miles of crab grass and planted a few bulbs. I can feel the pulling of the crab grass in my back, but if felt good to be outside.
I also scrubbed the car. I don't like the drive through ones. They don't get in the door jams, trunk, and hood like I do.

Basically, nothing today...walked around at a nearby state park for a few minutes with my daughter after lunch. The hamstring I pulled is really acting up. I walked too much yesterday and I think I'm paying for it now. So, I doubt I'll do any cardio for a while. Might see about getting on the exercise bike at the hotel in a few days. I also got a neoprene compression sleeve to put on my thigh, hopefully that will help...

The riding mower has a flat (which is at the tire shop.) So I mowed the back portion of the yard with the little push mower. I also got two flower beds cleaned out, dug, pulled miles of crab grass and planted a few bulbs. I can feel the pulling of the crab grass in my back, but if felt good to be outside.
I also scrubbed the car. I don't like the drive through ones. They don't get in the door jams, trunk, and hood like I do.

LadyL, that sounds like a heck of a workout to me.:green man:

Hubbys washing the bikes I ask him to take out of storage today. Been a long time since I rode my bike.
He is concerned about my vision and riding the bike. But I think I can see good enough to ride,going for test ride in a few minutes. :chevy:

3 minute test ride was ok.

Notice the pedals are forward which is grea for those with bad backs.

1583854037333.png

Meds zappinng my energy [ one of the side effects] , so I think I'll just pop a top and then either dance or ride bike in a few, maybe a little of both.
Ate grits,eggs,toast so now a ice cold mug and Heineken. 🍻

About 30 minutes off and on so something.

Last edited:
Have been totally worthless all week as far as working out. I'm going to need to let this hamstring heal up some more. However I will probably get on the recumbent bike and lift weights again when I get back home...
Take care Spike.

Latest posts

Back