Training logs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looooong workout this morning. Wanted to get most of the bases covered before I leave for work, my options for exercise will be limited at the hotel.

10 minute warmup - 8 walking, 2 running

Military press 2x8
Dumbbell hammer curls 2x8
DB floor press 3x8, 2x10
DB squat 2x10
Preacher curl machine 3x8
Tricep pushdown 3x8
Lat pulldown 2x8, 1x10
Tricep ext. 3x8
Row machine x3 (10, 9, 8)
Abductors x2
EZ bar curls 2x9
Farmer's carry x2

16.5 minutes walk/run, 8.5 run, 16 walk

Last couple days was a good work out. But the first time since the illness over the winter that I didn't just flat wear myself out. I'm tired tonight, but never got to the exhausted point at any point the last 2 days. Hopefully that is a good sign I am getting back to where I need to be.

Thank goodness.We hope so,hubby just ask about you last night, said you beat that crap all the way yet.

Got home from Wisconsin early, so I hit the gym...

Lat pulldowns x2
Hip abductors x3
Dumbbell squats x3
EZ bar curls x3
Row machine x3
Hammer curls x2
Preacher curl machine x3

26 minutes treadmill: 10.5 run (6.8-7mph), 15.5 walk(4.2-4.5 mph)

5.2 miles on the bike in 23 minutes, about 13.5 mph

According to the calories burned calculator, all that should have been in the area of 850-900 calories burned...

Last edited:
Another solid day at the gym. The rain and wind kept me from riding my bike, but I did the following -

Shoulder press x2
Floor press x3
Tricep extension x3
Face pulls x3
Tricep pushdown x3
Shrugs x2
Resistance band lateral raise x3
Resistance band front raise x3
Farmer's carry x3

40 minutes cardio

12 minutes elliptical
28 minutes treadmill (Only 6 minutes of running, my hamstring started yelling at me again so I shut it down and just walked at a fast pace)

About 500 calories burned, give or take a few...

Last edited:
@Meerkat Keep gettin' jiggy wit it dancing chicken It's good for you.
@Spikedriver Bet that did just as much for mental fitness as physical - getting into gym and out on bike.
@Bacpacker Shoveling is a workout! That's why punishment for teens is to dig a hole . . . then fill it back up.
I've been digging, lifting, shoveling, dragging hoses etc. but no actual workouts. Hoping with a little longer days and most everything in the ground, it will ease up. We will be heading up the mountain to take care of flood damage so that is work too.

@Meerkat Keep gettin' jiggy wit it dancing chicken It's good for you.
@Spikedriver Bet that did just as much for mental fitness as physical - getting into gym and out on bike.
@Bacpacker Shoveling is a workout! That's why punishment for teens is to dig a hole . . . then fill it back up.
I've been digging, lifting, shoveling, dragging hoses etc. but no actual workouts. Hoping with a little longer days and most everything in the ground, it will ease up. We will be heading up the mountain to take care of flood damage so that is work too.

Good idea LadyL, kids knew better than to tell me they were bored. Alwayshad something for them to do. One would come up and say Nana I'm bored just to pick on tother kids. Others would yell at her to hush up.

Time to jack up the volume.:lil guy:I'm adding a little weight to it today.I may even go into some ballroom type dance for a change,need to practice up on my Waltz, Foxtrot Cha Cha, etc..Not sure why since nobody does it anymore and hubby no longer participates.

Time to jack up the volume.:lil guy:I'm adding a little weight to it today.I may even go into some ballroom type dance for a change,need to practice up on my Waltz, Foxtrot Cha Cha, etc..Not sure why since nobody does it anymore and hubby no longer participates.
Yeah, I wouldn't participate either. I did all that when I was a kid. I'll find other ways to exercise now. But if you dig it, have at it!

Yeah, I wouldn't participate either. I did all that when I was a kid. I'll find other ways to exercise now. But if you dig it, have at it!

Hubby gave away out weights and bench to grandson who never used them. I do turn compost now and then and a little shovling but not much as before that had me in tip top shape.Matter of fact time to turn compost now. o_O
Plus the music makes me want to move,when I wouldn't otherwise want to.

Hubby gave away out weights and bench to grandson who never used them. I do turn compost now and then and a little shovling but not much as before that had me in tip top shape.Matter of fact time to turn compost now. o_O
Plus the music makes me want to move,when I wouldn't otherwise want to.

Turning compost was a REAL BAD IDEA!!Its windy and I mixed some chick crap in with sand and it blew all in my face from shovel.I actually thought I was going to die, I couldn't breathe and hubby got me ice wateronce I could catch my breathe he said " thats it" no more of this,he didn't know I was out there he was busy with Mr Truck.
I got it almost turned and put more leaves in it though,so mostly done.
See why I like music,its safer!

Hit it hard again today:

Lat pulldowns x3
EZ bar curls x3
Bent over dumbbell rows x2
Bent over barbell rows x2
Dumbbell hammer curls x3
Dumbbell squats x3
Abductors machine x3
Preacher curl machine x3
Row machine x3

25 minutes on the treadmill, 8.5 running @6.9 MPH, 16.5 walking @4.5-4.6 MPH

7 minutes on the incumbent bike at 14-15 mph

If the rain stays away I may go for a light bike ride later...

Heavy on cardio today

Went for a hike this morning. Nothing too strenuous but there were a couple pretty steep ascents/descents

Bike ride this afternoon. 9.3 miles in 43 minutes, 13 MPH average speed.

In the weight room:
Floor press x3
Military press x3
Resistance band lateral raise x3
Resistance band front raise x3
Barbell shrugs x2
Dumbbell shrugs x2
Tricep extension x3
Tricep pushdown x3
Farmer's carry x3

17 minutes on the elliptical + 43 minutes on the bike = 1 hour cardio

According to the calorie calculator I should have burned between 900-1000 calories exercising today...

Latest posts

Back