Training logs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chest/shoulders/triceps day:

Military press x4
Shrugs x4
Bench press x3
Lateral delt raise x3
DB incline bench press x3
Skullcrushers x3
Triceps pushdown x2
Farmer's carry x4 (heavy - I tried for a new PR and failed miserably on the 4th set)

I decided to try bench pressing again. I'm hoping all the floor presses have strengthened my shoulders enough that I don't have the same pain I used to. I'll be able to tell tomorrow...

Training Logs... for future homesteaders.

40e7b12691f14ee046d0defc7e13ef64.jpg

LL 1.PNG

Yeah, I agree. We need the old "Play in the Dirt" toys these days. I wish they would make a comeback. They are cool.
You can actually buy them. They're made from the cheapest crappy wood and come in a rickety tin can or a plastic bag, but they work just like the old ones. I got a little set for my daughter when she was about 5. She thought it was cool for about a half hour and I don't think she ever played with it again...

Today I will do it again... But having a weak week last week and not having done anything yet this week I can tell how deconditioning has already set it.
My legs a feel a bit sore today from last nite... whereas before I would not feel any soreness at all anymore from these workouts..

Last edited:
Starting this week right.

Heavy Ruck today and yesterday.
Albeit a bit shorter than normal they were quite fast

Workout room at this week's hotel is closed due to Coronavirus. Luckily I remembered to bring the resistance bands along. Can't do much of a workout, but...

Shrugs x3
Overhead triceps extension x4
Lateral Delt raise x3
Bicep curls x3

Trying to figure out a way to do rows with the bands, but I can't find anything sturdy enough to anchor them to...

first time in about 6 months I touched a shovel or did any serious weeding,been too hot.
Today I double dug and weeded raaised bed.Not muh to speak of but I got out of condition and lost lung capacity.So now have to build that back up with longer dancing and more gardening. There are lots of trees I could be cutting down an pulling on but it is still much too hot for that kind of work.

Guess I bestdo what ShawShanks did " Get busy living or get buy dying".Or maybe even push up the dying sooner ,who knows?

Spike, anchor the bands to your feet and hands. Row away man!

Another small resistance bands workout:

Lateral delt raises x3
Biceps curls x3
Overhead triceps extension x3
Shrugs x3
And...

I aquired a different band, with heavier resistance, more stretch, and shorter length than the ones I was using. I'm able to do a kind of row with it, seated on the floor with the band around my feet. The angle is different than what I'm used to and works the muscles higher in my back more than free weights. But, it's still a row and I did 4 sets...these workouts are just to keep my muscles moving and try to maintain what I have gained. I'm not expecting great things from the bands...

Yoga, post knee replacement surgery leg exercises.
Post shoulder injury exercises(fingers walking up the wall).
Walked 3642 steps or 1.49 miles today.

Last edited:
Saturday, Swam in a cold mountain Lake.
(only 16 minutes tho... had no watch and thought i was at 20 my minimum for cardio)

Today swam same lake 24 minutes.

I know it doesnt sound like a long time.. but even though it is Sept.. this is a glacial fed lake and is cold.

(only 16 minutes tho... had no watch and thought i was at 20 my minimum for cardio)

I know it doesnt sound like a long time.. but even though it is Sept.. this is a glacial fed lake and is cold.
Swimming for 24 minutes is no joke. I'm a poor swimmer. Occasionally if my hotel has a large pool I will swim for exercise, and I'm always sore and tired after I do it.

Thanks for the kind words.
Its not that many years ago that I would do 45 minutes of vigorous swimming after my 75 minute iron pumps..
4 times a week.
On top of the lunchtime runs..

But it eventually gave me overuse injuries from swimming.. my tubula fibula (sp?) on rt leg would get inflamed from the swimming.

I don't swim well.
More like sink like a rock.
Grand daughter and I are taking swimming lessons next year if they ever open pool back up.
Used to go to drown proofing class in the Army, to learn how to drown.
As long as my feet touch the bottom I do pretty good.

Mo,
if you drown, your feet will eventually touch the bottom.
Learn how to relax in the water... that helps you to float. I drown when I was very young but my sister pulled me out. I was scared of the water for a while but I decided that it was only water and I learned to swim. Then I learned to dive and I have seen some fantastic things in the water. I have even seen a giant Pacific Octopus up close. It is wonderful!
You can do it! you are a strong woman.

Latest posts

Back