Training logs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went skiing at a big mountain yesterday. Estimating I skied about twice as many vertical feet as usual in an hour less than my usual ski day. My legs were noodles.
@Meerkat You look good on that bike! Next you'll need a pink fringed leather jacket like Pinky Tuscadero :) (You know so many of those old characters, it's a trivia quiz) It does feel good to get out for a bike ride doesn't it? I got my bike unburried and ready, but it snowed again.

Went skiing at a big mountain yesterday. Estimating I skied about twice as many vertical feet as usual in an hour less than my usual ski day. My legs were noodles.
@Meerkat You look good on that bike! Next you'll need a pink fringed leather jacket like Pinky Tuscadero :) (You know so many of those old characters, it's a trivia quiz) It does feel good to get out for a bike ride doesn't it? I got my bike unburried and ready, but it snowed again.

LOL,Ladyl, yes I like Pinky she is almost as silly as me, Also I was a beauty school drop out in 1982.🤗

I rode bike yesterday and my legs were wweak this morning.No rain for months but a few light showers.So sand is like riding in sugar at times. On road cars come by and dust me out so I stay mostly in yard or on our trials ,small fallen tree limbs get in my wheel spokes 😖.

About to go for another ride in a few.:thumbs:

I started my sit-ups last night. I used to do 50 sit-ups and 50 push-ups right before bed. Took me all of 3 min. I won't mention the sorry number I did yesterday, but will say I will be working my way back up to 50 🥴 I don't have any back issues, but my back feels better when I do sit-ups.

Did my sit-ups and matching number of pushups which isn’t a huge deal but thought I might as well do them as not. I also did some spin exercises that are for balance and equilibrium-Wow that was funny. They do help though and I could tell the difference after just a few attempts:)

@LadyLocust is the spin thing where you hold a baseball bat and bend over it and spin around? That is a riot...

Today's workout with the bands:

Front delt raises x3
Side(lateral) delt raises x3
Overhead press x3

I'm trying to figure out a way to do pulldowns but I can't find anything up high to anchor the bands to...

@LadyLocust is the spin thing where you hold a baseball bat and bend over it and spin around? That is a riot...

Today's workout with the bands:

Front delt raises x3
Side(lateral) delt raises x3
Overhead press x3

I'm trying to figure out a way to do pulldowns but I can't find anything up high to anchor the bands to...
Heehee nope. They are actually ballet spins with point of reference tracking so you spin without getting dizzy. I’m no ballerina but like the exercises. There are some really good foot and ankle exercises to but I haven’t done them for ages.
They have pull up bars that are like spring rods for your doorway. You could loop a band over one to pull down but wouldn’t have it to do other exercises with. I’m not sure how difficult or easy they are to put up or remove.

Heehee nope. They are actually ballet spins with point of reference tracking so you spin without getting dizzy. I’m no ballerina but like the exercises. There are some really good foot and ankle exercises to but I haven’t done them for ages.
They have pull up bars that are like spring rods for your doorway. You could loop a band over one to pull down but wouldn’t have it to do other exercises with. I’m not sure how difficult or easy they are to put up or remove.
I thought about those bars, but that would be a hassle to travel with. I'd bring my dumbbells if I didn't have to deal with having them in the car. Bands are convenient and don't take much space. I don't really like using them but it's better than nothing...

I thought about those bars, but that would be a hassle to travel with. I'd bring my dumbbells if I didn't have to deal with having them in the car. Bands are convenient and don't take much space. I don't really like using them but it's better than nothing...
I didn’t even think about traveling. Can you loop it around a doorknob then sit with your back to it and pull it in front of you? Sorry to display my ignorance. I only used an exercise band once about a hundred years ago. Maybe they’ve changed.

I didn’t even think about traveling. Can you loop it around a doorknob then sit with your back to it and pull it in front of you? Sorry to display my ignorance. I only used an exercise band once about a hundred years ago. Maybe they’ve changed.
I tend to use them outside the hotel room and loop the band around a post or railing. For pulldowns I need an overhead anchor point, which is hard to come by. Oh well. I'm getting some other exercises done at least...

So I mentioned not being a ballerina, but if I was gonna be, it would be more like this. Just discovered this gal-amazing! Roundtable Rival is also amazing. Getting ready to go in and do my sit-ups and push-ups for day 5.
Hopefully link works

So I mentioned not being a ballerina, but if I was gonna be, it would be more like this. Just discovered this gal-amazing! Roundtable Rival is also amazing. Getting ready to go in and do my sit-ups and push-ups for day 5.
Hopefully link works

Negative on the link. It shows me a slightly creepy digital frowny face...

I started my sit-ups last night. I used to do 50 sit-ups and 50 push-ups right before bed. Took me all of 3 min. I won't mention the sorry number I did yesterday, but will say I will be working my way back up to 50 🥴 I don't have any back issues, but my back feels better when I do sit-ups.

LadyL gotta start somewhere.
I danced around awhile 'its too hot to go outside' did stretches and balance .

Did sit ups and push-ups. Only uped the number of push-ups and did same number of sit-ups as its the end of the day and drank a glass of wine then a big glass of water to help counter the wine - not a great time for extra sit-ups.

Day 8 and a partial fail. I did my push-ups but did exactly 2 sit-ups ☹️ I must have pulled something yesterday when we were cleaning up flood remains. Right side above hip bone hurts really bad - well just when I try to do a sit-up. Will try again tomorrow.

Day 8 and a partial fail. I did my push-ups but did exactly 2 sit-ups ☹ I must have pulled something yesterday when we were cleaning up flood remains. Right side above hip bone hurts really bad - well just when I try to do a sit-up. Will try again tomorrow.

LadyL be careful. I do the same thing sometimes and it sets me back.But happy to see you here getting fit with us.:thumbs::woo hoo:

Walked took care of garden then did some stretch,balance and danced .
Soon going to add weights to the program.

I'm backat it after yesterdaus agrevating meself and a couple others ,the nice me is back.

Took a 10 minute intense bike ride over sands and hills and pain,JK, but I did get some twigs in my spokes and heart rate up, so came in and danced ,cooled down and did balance. Feeling better. I'm doing great wwith the balance now, like The Karati Kid .:thumbs:

Back