Training logs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a light walk on Friday to shake out my stiff legs (from previous days hill ruckmarch) and yesterday went on a long hill climb walk aproxx 90 minutes w/o a ruck.

Why am I doing all legs + cardio past couple months when I usually swear on mixing it up with weights for upper body strenght to easily hold, point and rip around a rifle for a long time with adroitness?

I hate exercising with mask in Gym and recently I have someone living with me who is not suitable for gym but she can accompany me on my ruckmarches (while not wearing a ruck)

Back/biceps day. I ended up cutting it short due to having a stiff neck. Not sure why it hurts, but I've learned that as I reach middle age that it's better to play it safe rather than push it...

Single leg glute bridge x3
Lat pulldowns x3
Row machine x3
Barbell curls x2

4.75 mile bike ride, moderate pace...

Last edited:
Last week finished with 4 exercises all ruck marches.
This week only 3.. but they were solid..

Interesting topic.

I move dirt instead.

Last week, my brother, wife and myself moved 12 tons of dirt. I had to move each bucket twice, lift from chest high roller conveyor - place on skip hoist platform then lift from skip hoist platform and empty bucket in power wagon.

It is dirty work but I did get rid of my love handles.

;)

Ben

Interesting topic.

I move dirt instead.

Last week, my brother, wife and myself moved 12 tons of dirt. I had to move each bucket twice, lift from chest high roller conveyor - place on skip hoist platform then lift from skip hoist platform and empty bucket in power wagon.

;)

Ben
Work counts. I used to walk 1.5-2.5 miles a day with a 12 pound sledgehammer, pounding railroad spikes and banging rail anchors. Swinging a sledgehammer is a full body workout. I moved on to operating heavy equipment for the railroad, but occasionally I still have to do that kind of work, and I'm definitely not in shape for it, no matter how much I work out.

About 10 years ago I worked with a railroad bus driver who was a gym rat. Six pack abs, could run 5 miles, all that stuff. But when he had to do physical work he tapped out in 5 minutes. Work hurts! Moving all that dirt is good exercise for sure...

Still hobbling around on broke foot.
Played soccer with grand daughter yesterday.
Made it through 30 minute session without getting winded.
Doing leg lifts with 5 pound ankle weights on each ankle.
I hear every bone in my back snap crackle and pop.
More on the left side than on the right.
But that's the side I landed on too.
Aww! The joys of getting older.
They sound just like my knees did before I got them replaced.
Still doing yoga, regular and chair.
Told my team, to count me out on 5 k.
So not ready.
Tentatively the 15 October @0900 hours they will operate on my broken foot.
Re-break foot so it will heal properly.
It's been over 6 months since I fell.
Tentatively will remove heel bone spur, re break bone coming into the heel, straighten 3 toes.
6-8 weeks in boot up to my knee.
Then will keep on, keep on.....

Interesting topic.

I move dirt instead.

;)

Ben

LOL and I move mops and furniture,use to move dirt too till last couple years.

Compared to yall I'ma wwimp. Walked a mile today. Big whoop.
Patch,
Every mile, every step, every turn, twist is exercise.
Whether you're moving dirt, slinging a mop, lifting weights, playing soccer with grand daughter, if you're moving and grooving. Then hopefully you won't be in constant pain from RA, busted bones or life pitfalls in general.
My Ortho and RA Doctors told me 2 years ago, if you don't keep moving, one of these days you on't be able too.
I'm personally not ready for a wheel chair.

Yesterday Ruck march.

Bought a cheap Walmart barbell and brought it to the hotel with some weights...

Military press 3x10
Floor press 4x12
Barbell shrugs 4x12
Lateral delt raise 3x10
Skullcrushers 3x10 (failed rep 8 of 3rd set...:mad:)

Last week was 3 ruckmarches and 2 walks.
This week will be short due to some travel.

But in preparation I starved myself two days but was very active boths days ( no true exercise though) and prior to the starving I ate a bit less..
In summary I dropped... 4 lbs in past week or so.

Latest posts

Back