Training logs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Patchouli lol yeah, it's the same lift, but with only a little bit of weight because I've got a bad back. But even with just a little weight, if you do it real slow and really contract your butt muscles and hamstrings while you do it, you'll feel it the next day. If I tried to do what that guy was doing my spine would probably fall out...😁

Took Christmas Eve day off from the gym. Today was back & biceps day with a little legs thrown in...

Leg press x3
Barbell hip thrusts x3
Bent over row x3
Lat pulldowns x3
Barbell curls x3
Rear delt flyes x3
Concentration curls x2
Resistance band pull apart x2
Preacher curl machine dropsets x4

Gald to see yall are still at it.
I did some legstretches for knee, dancing little mopping. I neeed to do some upper body soon. Covid panny makes me like ice cream and cake.

Chest/shoulder/triceps day. Couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to come to the gym at 0445. Too many people here, probably won't repeat...

All exercises done with light weight and high reps:

Bench press 3x15
Shrugs 3x15
DB military press 2x15, 1x12
Cable machine pec flyes 2x12
DB lateral raises 1.5 rep, 3x13
Skullcrushers 2x15, 1x13
Overhead tricep extension 3x15

I'm sure I'm forgetting 1 or 2. It's too damn early in the morning to remember what I'm doing...😉

Back/biceps/legs day. Low weight/high reps.

Romanian deadlift 3x15
Bent over rows 3x15
Barbell hip thrust 3x15
Lat pulldowns 3x15
Barbell curls 2 dropsets
Rear delt flyes x3
DB concentration curls x2
DB hammer curls x2
Band pull aparts x3
Preacher curl machine 3 dropsets

Totally wiped out...😁

The week didn't go as planned, but I was able to get one more gym session in before I fly back to Arizona...

Romanian deadlift x3
Bench press x3
Dumbbell shoulder press x3
Bent over rows x3
Skullcrushers x3
EZ bar curls x3

Resistance band exercises at the hotel room. The hotel (Quality Inn) has closed their exercise room so no cardio for me this week...

Chest press x3
Rows x3
Curls x2
Triceps extension x2
Shrugs x3
Band pull aparts x3
Lateral delt raise x3

Fell asleep early and woke up early, so I hit the hotel gym at 0400...

20 minutes on treadmill, walked 10 minutes at 4 mph, then alternated running for 60 seconds at 6.8 mph with walking for 90 seconds at 4 mph.

17 minutes on the recumbent bike, rode 4 miles in 16:57, average speed just over 14 mph...

Back at home, back at the gym...😁

2 miles on the exercise bike in 6:20 for a warm-up... Back, biceps, and legs day.

Romanian deadlift 3x15
Bent over rows 3x17
Leg press 3x15
Band pull apart 2x15
Rear delt flyes 3x15
EZ bar curls 2x15
Concentration curls 2x10
Hammer concentration curls 2x10

Haven't posted in awhile, joined a new gym. Lifting heavy again since my 100 mile race was cancelled this year. I'm hitting the smith press machine for heavy squats. Using some of the strongman gear such as axle bars and the dumbbell apparatus.The farmer carry bars are fun. I still use my old gym for their indoor football field to push and pull sleds. I've been using an altitude mask quite a bit and new weighted vest for my bodyweight work. Haven't felt this strong and full in 15-20 years. Normally I'm dropping a lot of weight this time of year for my race. Joints are holding up well. Starting to push my limits, feels good.:cool:

@musketjim keep it up! Life is kind of getting in the way of my gym work right now. I need to find a way to step it up...
Life surely interferes, but every day in the gym beats a day wasted. You're hanging and banging brother and it isn't easy. If it was everyone would be doing it and they aren't.

Life surely interferes, but every day in the gym beats a day wasted. You're hanging and banging brother and it isn't easy. If it was everyone would be doing it and they aren't.
Life on the road is the problem. 8 days out and 6 home. Most hotels don't have much for weights, only cardio. We often work in small towns that don't have nationwide chain gyms like Anytime or Snap. I bring bands on the road with me but bands are limited.

I have a gym less than a block from home, but right after Christmas life got nuts. Seems like there's always something going on. Plus there's Covid, I won't go into the gym during the busy times.

So, I'll keep slogging along, trying to get my workouts 2-3 times a week, and cardio most other days since I'm trying to lose weight. Struggling now but it will get better.

I can't wait for my knee to heal up so I can get busy doing things and exercising again. It is almost well so don't want to push it or do more damage like if it goes out and I fall.

But I do move around in place, for now.Do stretches.

Back