Training logs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been listening to music and dancing off and on all day.:dancing:dancing chicken,Good for the mind and body.Long as I'm careful and don't break or injure anything.But I could use some weight lifting to go with it.

After lots of travel 2 job changes and 3 moves where I fell off the wagon I am now starting back up.
Rebuilding again
Starting with my rebuilding standby of 3 rucks a week.

I have been slacking. Motivation has been a real problem. I worked out once with resistance bands during my 8 day work schedule and that's it. But today I'm home and tried something a little different...

Legs -

Standard deadlift - pyramid to my max comfortable weight, that I'm not worried about compromising good form. Then, 3x10 at 65% of max. I could have probably pulled a little more but I'm kind of a beginner at regular deadlifts so I backed off.

Then, leg press 2x8 and leg extensions 2x8

Upper body tomorrow. We'll see about getting a bike ride tonight. My legs might not want to pedal the bike after deadlifting this morning...

Does throwing I don't know how many bags of mulch around count? I'm about whooped. (I know it's not real exercising)
Actually I would call that exercise. I used to have to do things like swinging a sledgehammer all day. That was just as hard as "exercise" and would get my heart rate just as high or even higher.

I had planned on a gym session last weekend but having a sick kid wiped that idea out. I got to the gym today though...

Deadlift x2 heavy, x2 light
Lat pulldowns x3
Face pulls x3
Barbell curl x3
Rear delt flyes x3
Dumbbell curl x3
Bent over rows, light, 2 sets
Rear delt band pull aparts, x2

Little workout at the hotel fitness room. The equipment was pretty limited so a real good workout was out of the question.

Chest press x3
Dumbbell shoulder press x4
2 sets each of dumbbell curls, hammer curls, and concentration curls
Lateral delt raises x3
Rear delt flyes x3
Overhead tricep extension x3

Building up steps.
Started doing 5- 15 minutes brisk walks in the early morning before humidity wipes me out about noon.
Normally do 3 - 15 minutes brisk walks in the morning.
Then 1 in the evening.
Then the last about 2 hours before bed.
Every other day I do Zumba workout.
Then the other days do stretching, leg lifts,squats, weight training.

Back