Training logs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanksgiving day. Time for a pre-feast workout. One push lift, one pull lift, one lower body lift...

Lower body - barbell deadlift, 5x5
Push lift - dumbbell low angle incline press 3x10
Pull lift - face pulls 3x10
You did go on T-day!
Also good job on the dead-lift. It's like lifting a grown man with no help, well done.

I ate nothing extra for thanksgiving since I was on travel.
In past 2 weeks I was finally able to stop my descent into gluttony and cut my caloric intake by almost half.
It was easy too since i was on travel i was always moving and my world did not revolve around the next meal.

I ate nothing extra for thanksgiving since I was on travel.
In past 2 weeks I was finally able to stop my descent into gluttony and cut my caloric intake by almost half.
It was easy too since i was on travel i was always moving and my world did not revolve around the next meal.
That's huge! Good job. Getting the act of eating out of our routine is the tough part. Nourishing our systems is relatively easy.

Push day:

Seated DB overhead press - 3x15 25DB
Goblet squat - 4x8 55DB, protect the back
45° incline DB press - 4x5 45DB, still trying to rebuild those anterior delts...
Side delt raise - 3x15 10DB
Triceps cable pushdown 3x15 70 superset with leg extensions 3x8

Today I had a (almost) full body workout in the Gym.
First one in months.
I am in pain.
I suspect I will be in more pain tomorrow.
but its a good pain.

3 sets pullups (assisted)
3 sets squats (light)
3 sets dips (assisted)
2 sets hip adductions
2 sets hip abductions
3 sets back extensions.

Next time pushes, flies and raises.

Tomorrow I am doing dynamic night shooting at the range to get ready for my next compition.
Hopefully I wont be in too much pain to move.

Last edited:
@Rick I know that pain well. My shoulders and Triceps are feeling it from the amount of reps I did the other day. Tomorrow is pull day and I plan to deadlift pretty heavy (well, heavy for me) so it probably won't get much better for a few days. Protein and ibuprofen are my friends right now. I need to get back on a more regular lifting schedule so my body gets adapted better...

@Rick I know that pain well. My shoulders and Triceps are feeling it from the amount of reps I did the other day. Tomorrow is pull day and I plan to deadlift pretty heavy (well, heavy for me) so it probably won't get much better for a few days. Protein and ibuprofen are my friends right now. I need to get back on a more regular lifting schedule so my body gets adapted better...

be very very careful with Ibuprofen.
I used to use it all the time when I had a 5 times a week lifting schedule.

but it has been shown to lower testosterone.
Use naproxen based NSAIDs instead.

Also consider limiting your use of NSAIDs in general.
and ONLY use them on a full stomach.
If you dont take them with a meal they will, not may, but will cause ulcers eventually.

I use ibuprofen rarely enough that I'm not concerned about side effects. Once or twice a month is all. I use naproxen too but it actually tears my guts up just as bad as ibuprofen. In general I don't use any pain relievers unless absolutely necessary...
I did not mean ot imply that Naproxen is easier on the stomach lining, but that Ibuprofen is a testosterone depressant. There has only been one study out on this That I saw but it had a lot of data in it.

Back